Wednesday, July 15, 2009

My Bailey is 6!!!

Today is a day of catching up on the blog, we'll start with my Bailey girl!
This girl of mine is just Amazing! She is so kindhearted and so sweet. She is inquisitive and smart. She likes to push boundaries...I think it is a good thing, she just wants to know about everything. She wants to be a good girl, but she likes to know exactly why we do, or don't do things! I am so proud of her. She is diligent and yet a free spirit at the same time. Beautiful and funny! Matt and I always say that who ever ends up with this girl is going to be one lucky man! She is a fireball and such a wonderful part of our family!

We Love you BOO!
Happy Birthday!
So Bailey had her whole party planned. She had all the games thought out, even the order that she wanted to play them in. We had it all set up, prizes ready, balloons filled and then..... RAIN!
But the kids just played in the rain a little, until it started really pouring. Then we just played inside what we could and they had a blast decorating their own cupcakes! That was Bay's idea and it turned out SO fun!
The one thing we braved the cold outside for was the Pinata. But we hit another snag....the dang thing would NOT break! Each kid had I think 3 or 4 turns and we took their blind folds off after the first 2, but still no one could break it open. They were getting some solid hits on it too, but to no avail. I finally took a crack at it with little success, so finally the kids were so anxious for the treats that they wanted Matt to have at it! Of course it didn't take but 2 swings for him and it began raining candy!

*******HaPpY BiRtHdAy!!*******


Ellie, Ellie, Ellie! On a last little side note, I have to tell a funny about Ellery. When we sat down to plan this little party, she got out some paper and was taking very detailed notes and making a very detailed list. Every single day pretty much, she would rehearse with me what we still had left to do to prepare for the party. As we accomplished something or purchased something she would check it off her list. Then the day of the party, she asked me for a clipboard. I said okay and she told me that she wanted to check each name off the list when the guest arrived. Then as we played each game she could check it off as well. Talk about OCD in the planning area, can't imagine where she gets it from! He he he! That a girl!

5 comments:

Kelli Proctor said...

I LOVE your kids Devyn! They are the cutest! They each definitely have their own little personalities! Looks like they have made a good group of friends! We LOVE you guys! Oh and that comment that Matt left on our blog totally made Rog and I laugh! Awesome!

Loftus' said...

Happy Birthday Bailey!

Ok, your kids are just the cutest. They are all so unique in their own way - I love reading about their personalities and the FUNNY things they say - cracks me up!!

Hunter Haven said...

Sounds and looks like a fabulous party. I only wish I could have been there for all the fun. The Pinata must have been a real smash! (no pun intended)

Lindsay and Mike said...

Happy b-day Bailey!

Jennifer Pelo Rawlings said...

Bailey takes such great pictures.

Maybe Ellery is preparing for a life of being a party planner.