Friday, July 24, 2009

Hey Mrs. Johnson

So here are the girls at our little Preschool/summer school! I started teaching Taitem Preschool not long ago and the older two girls got jealous once summer hit. Imagine that...kids who MISS school during the summer!


Anyway, I started teaching Taite at home because, as some of you know, I taught Preschool at Learning Dynamics Preschool in Utah for 2 years! I LOVED it! Once you go to a school like Learning Dynamics, there is no going back...it is THAT good. So obviously there is nothing out here that compares in my very biased opinion. That is when I decided to teach Taite myself. She is doing awesome with the Learning Dynamics program and she loves it just like the other two girls did. For the older girls' "summer school" I just bought some workbooks through their elementary and give them lessons from that.


So they decided that they want to call me Mrs. Johnson, I thought it was hilarious. Taite is very into her school and never calls me Mom during "class" She said to me the other day,
"Hey, Mrs. Johnson!"
"Yes Taite"

"You look JUST like my Mom!" What a funny girl!

For those of my friends living in Utah, if you are looking for a preschool for your little one check out Leaning Dynamics! You will not be disappointed and it is worth every cent. I appreciate their academic approach instead of a playgroup atmosphere. Both years that I taught with my classes of 12 students, there was not one student that wasn't reading by the end of the year, most were 4 years old. Several of my students were reading well beyond kindergarten level. I think reading is SO important and you can't start that too early. Ellery and Bailey were both reading at 1st-2nd grade levels entering Kindergarten. It is just awesome, can you tell I love it?


It is all thanks to my Mom. She insisted that she would help me send Ellery there when she was 3. My Mom's dear friend is the owner and creator and I believe, honestly, that it is an inspired reading program. I just love it! My Mom and Cheryl Lant served on the Primary General Board together and Sister Lant is now the Primary General President, she is just an awesome lady and I loved working in her schools, I miss it.


I sound like a commercial for Learning Dynamics....hum, where is my check? Ha ha!



Go Learning Dynamics!



4 comments:

Big Boy said...

I think Mrs. Johnson was always hot. Its like the Van Halen song, "got it bad, got it bad, got it bad, I'm hot for teacher" --that's me!! I'm hot for teacher!!!

Loftus' said...

That is cute!! Thanks for the "sales pitch". I may check them out in a year to two for Cali.

The Johnson Family said...

Mattie- you are a NERD!! You need to get your eyesight checked before you come to class! But I LOVE you!

J Fo said...

Well Mrs Johnson, I think that you look a lot like my cousin! hehe

I think that you should start your own Learning Dynamic School out there! I LOVE how big you are into reading. I see so many students who are in middle school and high school that are WAY behind, not because of abilities, but because of their environments at home and their laziness. Honestly. Maybe I'll look that school up if we ever move up north. Do you think that they would hire me?!