Friday, July 17, 2009

9 month Stats!

Gus had his well baby visit today, I can't believe that he is already 9 months old!! What did I tell him....stop growing remember?!?! Here he is, left alone for a minute with a breakfast bar.


He is still my tall and skinny bean pole! He was in the 97% for height at a whopping 30.5 inches! Wahoo! I see him as my tall ripped power forward. Where Cy is a Karl Malone or a Charles Barkley (in his prime, not the lovable fatty he has become) Gus will be a David Robinson, a lean machine, only a forward. He was only in the 50% for weight...only Taite has ever dipped that low! It makes me laugh at how different he and Cy are, its kind of fun. Gus was 21 lbs today and Cy weighed that at 4 1/2 months! I love my Goose, he is just trying to spare his poor Mama's back!

He is very coordinated and very mobile, into everything! But, it wasn't all good news today, he is going to see a speech therapist because he really isn't up to speed on his speech, not much progress at all. He makes very few noises and they are mostly all growling. I am not worried, but I think it will be good to visit with the therapist. Okay, I am a little nervous.


He love him so much and are so glad that little Gus Gus is in our family! He fits right in.
We love you Goose!

2 comments:

Lindsay and Mike said...

I wouldn't be worried. Kids do things when they are ready. I remember sitting in the waiting room at the pediatrician's office when Connor was 18 months old. I was filling out the little developmental form. One of the things you were supposed to be able to check off was "My child can say at least 20 words." I almost started bawling...Connor could only say probably 10, if even that. I was so worried, but, a few months later, he started speaking in complete sentances! They just do it on their own time, not the developmental chart's time. :)

Loftus' said...

hahahaha!! I love his pics, what a cutie! I wouldn't be worried either. He has how many older siblings that can "talk" for him?? I'm sure he'll be fine! :) I totally think they do it in their own time. Cali was the same way and I felt like a horrible mother, but sure enough, she's copying EVERYTHING we say, and she's starting to put it togeter in sentances and she's almost 2 - so don't worry! :)