Saturday, July 25, 2009

French Lick

You guys thought I was being gross...shame on you. Its French Lick Indiana. Honestly that is the name of it.



Awwww! What a cute couple! Well that cute couple in 9 years of marriage, 6 pregnancies and babies in those 9 years...but only 2 attempts at a vacation alone! You heard me right, attempts. When I was pregnant with Taite, so 4 years ago, we tried to get away to a cabin in Heber. That trip lasted a day and a half until we had to come home early. Bailey got a double ear infection and a really high fever.
Fast forward 4 years, a couple of weeks ago, we left my fabulous sister-in-law ALONE with our 5 kids plus her own kiddo! What a great lady huh? We were SO excited! Even though I was excited, I cried like a baby on our drive down....oh well, I am aware I am a total wuss.
Well, back on the homefront poor Becky had much more than emotions to deal with. Pretty much as soon as we left, the throwing up began. One after another our kids dropped like flies. At first Becky kept reassuring me that it was okay, but soon that all changed. Bec was such a trooper, I wanted to go home immediately and relieve her from....well....hell. Matt however was not throwing in the towel. It wasn't until the second night, the phone rang at about 2 am. Matt answered and I could hear a very tired "I am done."
What a champ for even putting up with it for 2 days. 4 of our 5 kids had the stomach flu- ewww! I headed home bright and early that morning. Game over, tapped out!
So strike 2 for vacations with the hubby. At the rate we have gone, it will be another 4 or 5 years before we give it another go. But hey, maybe we will make it to 3 days this next time!

Any Whoo!
French Lick Indiana!
my kind of town


That is right...French Lick! Home to the amazing Larry Bird. Matt's company had their annual sales conference at this awesome resort. It was awesome, really old and SO beautiful. We had a great time!


Even though my stay was short, we had fun. I finally got to meet everyone that Matt works with at Great Lakes Hybrids. Matt LOVES his job and now after meeting everyone, I can see why he is SO happy with what he is doing. Wonderful people and a very friendly, family oriented company. Everyone was very nice. It just makes me really happy that he got this job and loves it! I don't care what he does for a living, as long as he is happy. Boy is he happy! I was extremely impressed with Great Lakes, they are truly amazing. It was an fabulous time, I got to sleep in, no one woke me up in the night! That right there was GREAT!

Matt won a gift card and came up to the hotel room insisting that I take it and go shopping. I was not allowed to spend the money on the kids or him. What a great guy! But we all know how much I hate shopping, so I talked him into going bowling with me! I was SO excited to go golfing too, but I had to leave before we could make that happen. Matt went without me...no fair!

I love this man! Being alone even for a little bit was awesome. We could talk forever I think. I love him more now than I ever thought possible.
I love him, however, he is up in the night some times. This is turning into a novel of a post, but back me up here my Rocky Mountain friends. Matt knows how much I MISS my mountians! Well as we are driving down to French Lick he says how I should be excited because there are Indiana mountains in the region we were heading to......um NO.


Mountains?

I don't think so.
I guess since there is limestone it counts as a mountain region?
I still don't think so. Insulting actually.
Life is just GrEaT! I hope everyone I know and love is as happy as I am with life!

7 comments:

J Fo said...

A little getaway is better than no getaway I guess?! Glad you got to get out a bit. I think that you should have your SIL sainted or something. Dealing with your kids' throw up is much different that dealing with other people's kids' throw up! I think that Sarah and I need to fly out there and show you how much fun shopping can be if you do it the right way!

Loftus' said...

hahaha!! Ya totally an insult on the mountains - those are like a mound of dirt if you ask me, lol...glad you got away for a bit and I hope the kiddos start feeling better, not fun! :)

Katie McCaul said...

I can't believe that has happend both times you have gone away! At least you got a couple of days:)

TheShippenFamily said...

That resort is so pretty!! 2 days is better than nothing I guess. I hope the next one is longer. I always cry when I leave my kids too!

Jennifer Pelo Rawlings said...

The resort does look very nice. What an interesting name as well. There are no mountains in Indiana, none. There are hills and they are pretty.

Lindsay and Mike said...

Oh, isn't that always the way it goes? You will get your vaca someday!

Sarah said...

Thanks for calling me out on my slack in the blogging department. :) I'm up at my mom's so there's less responsibility, and that's on the agenda tonight! P.S. If you'll come visit us in Utah, I'll take your kids while you two get away. And I've dealt with vomiting kids off and on all month so I'm ready for anything!