Friday, December 26, 2008

A Little Holiday Gripe

Now, those of you who know me, know I am slightly obsessed with Christmas music!! Can't get enough of it, would listen to it all year long- if I wasn't MOCKED continually by a certain someone!

So, there is one Christmas Album that is particularly near and dear to my heart, holding its place high above all others. Defining of my childhood, representative of Christmas attitude, & forever linked to hundreds of Holiday memories!! Never a Seasonal Festivity complete without it!

What is it you ask, that could be so priceless to me? That would be none other than the world renowned ......


JOHN DENVER
Rocky Mountain CHRISTMAS!!


I just heard in my head countless groans from old college roommates, employees, teammates and others. But one particular groan comes from none other than my Mattie. How can this be- how could I be married to someone who hates, loathes, despises John Denver Christmas! Blasphemy!

It couldn't be because I listen to it in June or that it is permanently on repeat for hour after countless hour during the month of December. No it is just that Matt is a Grinch about John Denver Christmas! I mean that has to be the answer because the greatness of John Denver Christmas is indisputable!

Well, you know we have moved several times recently and I would like to report that conveniently John Denver Christmas has mysteriously disappeared! Nowhere to be found... coincidence you say? Cunning I say, plotting, planning, perhaps even coercing of innocent children caught in the middle. Matt has patiently awaited his opportunity these 8 Christmas seasons we have been together and has now seized his opportunity.

Needless to say, this Christmas, there has been a small void in our home. Such sadness!

2 comments:

Jennifer Pelo Rawlings said...

You didn't have it the whole Christmas season? That is tragic. I hope you buy it at an after Christmas sale or something.

The Johnson Family said...

Already done!! Should be here tomorrow!!