Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Can anyone say Charlie Brown?


Yes I am proud of our little Charlie Brown Christmas Tree- complete with popcorn string and all! I don't know where the girls saw that, but they decided that we had to have it on our tree this year.

I must say that it was such a dang fun time sewing all the popcorn! Ellery, Bailey and I popped our corn, got our needles and thread ready, put on "Home Alone" and away we went!

The most hilarious thing was about half way into our task I caught Bailey out of the corner of my eye, leaning forward suspiciously and looking at me over and over again. I sat her upright and saw that somehow she had accidentally sewed her strand to the couch!! It was so funny because she was trying her hardest with her little hands to unsew (is that a word?) the problem! Good Times!

They had so much fun decorating our tree- it might look funny, and yes we know it does, but it was worth it!

Now doesn't this just make you smile!

9 comments:

Harmony said...

Merry Christmas! One year we did popcorn and cranberries on our tree! Watch out for little hungry mouths over the next few days! :)

The Johnson Family said...

Oh we are way past that! The girls hung almost all the ornaments and popcorn by themselves and already Cy and Taite have "rearranged" everything within their reach! Oh well, someday I'll have a beautiful tree that will be hands off to kids!

Sarah said...

What are you talking about? I love your tree. It looks like mine...only yours is ALL decorated. and I love popcorn strings....we started doing it a couple years ago and I think it looks so cute on the tree. Good job Charlie Brown!

Kelli Proctor said...

oh how fun! You are the coolest mom! Love the tree!

J Fo said...

That's "sew" funny about her sewing it to the couch! Cute stuff!

Jennifer Pelo Rawlings said...

You must be referring to the Charlie Brown tree after they decorate it and it's all full and beautiful because I think your tree looks great. Maybe the picture doesn't do it justice, but it really looks perfect.

Andrea said...

Some people love a big, fancy, perfectly decorated tree, but I like a tree that screams "Kids live here!" Personalized ornaments, or home-made are my favorite. I still have a bunch I made as a kid and love them. I think you're tree is perfect!

Lindsay and Mike said...

Your tree looks awesome! Hope your first Christmas in Indiana is great!

Lloyd Family said...

Nothing is better than a Charlie Brown Christmas tree!