Wednesday, December 3, 2008

In Loving Memory

I just had to put something up today about Elder Wirthlin. We probably shouldn't have "favorites" because all the Apostles are so wonderful, but I truly had such a love for Elder Wirthlin and he is one of my favorites. What a wonderful servant and example to us all. I am thankful that we are blessed with inspired leaders who dedicate themselves for our benefit. He had such a wonderful way of making you feel loved even from the pulpit. Will any of us ever forget his conference address when his body was struggling so to stand before us, and yet his determination to deliver his talk was such a humbling reminder to me of the devotion of these men. I appreciated their love for one another as Elder Nelson came to help steady his friend. To me this was a sweet experience that I will never forget. I am so thankful for our Heavenly Father's Servants and I am glad that he has been reunited with his precious companion.

3 comments:

Jennifer Pelo Rawlings said...

Did you love him because he loved football so much? When I told my children that he had passed away I clarified by saying he was the one who always spoke about football. I love him so much.

The Johnson Family said...

That didn't hurt, but I did love him for many other reasons! It was a little hard to get over the fact that he played for the wrong team, but you know, eventually I came to terms.

Lloyd Family said...

I think that was on of the most touching moments I've ever seen (Elder Eyring steadying him) and so appropriate that Elder Wirthlin was speaking on charity. I have to say my favorite talk of his was just last conference. The story about the daughters date mix up was hillarious. Elder Wirthlin will be greatly missed!