Monday, May 3, 2010

Great Weekend!

Well we had a fantastic surprise when my parents called and said they were coming out for the weekend!! The kids were beyond excited!
The Blaze had a game in Chicago so my Dad thought he and my Mom could come out for the game on Friday and being so close they would just come on down for the rest of the week! I got to go up to Chicago for the game (which was awesome...you know me and football!) Then I brought my parents back and we just had a blast all weekend.
Saturday was packed full with soccer games. Even though it was freezing cold and we had to drive all over the place, it was so much fun. The kids did awesome, goals, saves and steals galore!
Then we were off to celebrate the big birthday for Papa! We went out to eat and came back for presents and cake of course, played games all night, did Papa's hair:) Just a great day!
The hardest part of course is when it is time to say goodbye. Cyrus loves his Papa and wasn't too excited that we were taking them to go home.

Lots of tears for Taite, but it is getting a little better. As soon as we pulled away from the terminal, Cy said "Ohhhh! I miss dem already! Tell my Oma to come back wiff Papa! Go back and get dem!!!!"

It is always sad, but I sure am glad that they could come out for a quick visit. Love you Mom and Dad!

4 comments:

The Farrell Family said...

What a fun surprise. Sounds like you guys had a great time! Grandparent visits are the best.

Kari Davis said...

Bitter sweet.... so fun to have visit and SO hard to say good-bye! But definitely worth it!

Kari Davis said...

Bitter sweet! So fun to have visit and SO hard to say good-bye.... but definitely worth it!

J Fo said...

How fun! I especially like your dad's new sombrero look. Very stylish! ;)