Monday, May 3, 2010

Bribery is alright!

Well, it is not always alright in my book...just sometimes! Matt gives the girls challenges before their games and if they can get it done, they get their reward. Here they are enjoying their slushees after scoring all their goals!

It just made me laugh SO hard because it took me down memory lane. After my triumphant discovery at an early age that dancing was NOT going to be my thing, thank heavens my Dad decided to introduce me to competitive sports. I LOVED it from the get go, but I was very nervous and timid at first. I remember my Dad challenging me before each game to accomplish something new and if I scored however many, or stole however many then I would get my reward! So much fun and now my girlies are there.

They love to share with Gus, no wonder he loves his sisters so much!


4 comments:

Andrea said...

There is a HUGE difference between bribery and positive reinforcement. Bribery would be if you gave them the slushy BEFORE they scored the goals, with them promising they would later do the goal. Positive Reinforcement is exactly what you're doing....reward after the desired behavior. You've got this parenting thing down AND I'm going to try it myself next soccer game :)

Lisa Dean said...

We did the same thing when I was little with Slurpees! I love that tradition!

easleyfamily said...

I love it! We'll be stealing your idea for softball coming up :)

Kelli Proctor said...

ok I am all about bribery, its baseball season for us so I think we might use your idea! Even though Aust is loving it, he might not need it! And WOW, so FUN that your parents came! I LOVE it!