Thursday, May 6, 2010

Hillbillies??

So Matt says it is official...we are now hillbillies. Here is why

Matt made a fire pit in the backyard. Maybe the
country livin has gotten to us, but I don't care if it is just a hole in the backyard...I love it!
The girls went out and helped him dig it up,
they were SO excited and SO very very filthy!

It was worth it, Matt chopped up some wood and started her up. The kids had fun with tin foil dinners and the fact that their Dad is king of the dutch oven! I am sure we will be enjoying this a lot.
Nice face Elle

The kids are going to need some work on their marshmallow roasting skills:)


5 comments:

Megan said...

Sounds perfectly fine to me. That sounds like a great way to mix things up and enjoy the outdoors.

Molly said...

I must be a hillbilly too! We have a sand box, that I HATE, that is dug into the ground and I am dying to turn it into a fire pit. There's nothing better then sitting aroung a camp fire.

TheShippenFamily said...

I am so jealous of your fire pit and garden! Looks like so much fun

Jennifer Pelo Rawlings said...

I want a fire pit. Maybe someday when I'm living somewhere with more than .10 acre.

J Fo said...

I totally want to hop on the hillbilly bandwagon! It looks like tons of fun. Now I have a major hankering for some dutch oven potatoes! Mmmmmm.....