Monday, May 17, 2010

Mother's Day, Oops!

Well we had some problems on mother's day, self-inflicted if I am honest. It all started with this. When we move into our awesome home with its beautiful surroundings, miles of fields and woods behind our house.

That led to these infiltrating our house, only ours were not near as cute and cuddly as Mickey and Minnie :)

That led to my insistence that these little guys joined the family! Boy did they get the job done, haven't seen a mouse since we got the fur balls.

However, our precious Franky loves the fields and woods a little too much. He practically lives out there.

That led to uncontrollable amounts of these. I have never had a long haired cat before and I just couldn't believe how bad it was. When I say uncontrollable, I am not exaggerating. I would have to pick or cut out dozens a day. I got pregnant and worried about handling the cats, I fell behind on the burrs :(

That led to this...the inevitable shaving of our dear Franky. It took months of begging Matt to let me get it done. Matt had other solutions to Franky's problems, but I don't want to get PETA after me. They left his head, paws and the tip of his tail. He looks hilarious, and well, pitiful.

The night we brought him home there was a cold spell ~freezing~ I couldn't let him stay out all night with no fur on him. Matt wanted to keep him in the garage like we normally do all winter, but I thought he would still be so cold. The kids had them in when he first got home because he was a little scared after his torment at the vet. I am very much NOT an indoor animal person ew ew ew, but I was wussing out because they looked so comfy and pathetic all at once!


We brought in their old litter box from when they were kittens, they never had accidents before. Franky and Shorty cuddled up on the chair and blankets...I was going soft. We all headed to bed and that is when all hell broke loose. I awoke Sunday morning to find this, still snoozing comfortably.
Then the odor hit me and it didn't take long to find out what they had done!!!! They peed on our precious "Love Sac" our big huge bean bag that we LOVE!

That led to this. I was so mad I was going to explode! I wished for a moment that I had let Matt handle the burr situation with my gun like he wanted to! I just can't handle the grossness!Now here is where things took a very ridiculous turn because of my anger and obsessiveness. I thought, I will just have to wash the cover of the love sac. Moisture doesn't soak through the lining, I will just take off the cover like I have done a thousand times and wash it before church. Definite ox in the mire. Matt headed off to meetings and I began my chore. Only, I was unaware that the lining inside had torn and no longer held all the "stuff" together. I knew it was a little torn and that you had to shove some of the innards back in, but I only discovered after I pulled the big lined part out that it had almost torn half way. It was too late and spilling out everywhere.
Ever want to know what is inside of a big bean bag?


I was laughing so hard! Since the lining was broken I had to throw away some of the stuffing that had gotten peed on, but at least I know that it is all clean! I threw out the grossness and washed the cover. Heading off to church I couldn't wait for Matt to see what I had done!
This is how we spent Mother's Day afternoon.

It took FoReVaH... but we got it all back in and cleaned up. No more spills on the Love Sac because I am never doing that again! And no more cats in my house EVER!

We had a fantastic rest of the day complete with presents, snuggling, games, treats and a dinner of my choice. Matt's homemade tortillas baby! I LOVE my kiddos so much it is inundating! My cup definitely runneth over!

8 comments:

Loftus' said...

Stinkin cats!! I totally agree with no pets in the house. Glad to see your mess is contained in a nice clean sac...LOL, and glad you had a great Mother's Day!!

Lindsay and Mike said...

Haha! This post made me laugh. I have similar luck when I have good intentions. Sigh... Glad you had a good mother's day (besides the love sac incident).

Jennifer Pelo Rawlings said...

Holy cow. #1 we shave our cat every year and he loves it because of how much more we pet him. #2 we have definitely had our fair share of animal accidents and we constantly want to kill them, so I totally hear you on that one. Cat pee is the worst, I'm glad it was fixable anyway.

Linny-lou said...

Hahahahaha! I have always wondered what was in those things... interesting!! Glad you had a happy Mother's day anyway!! :P

dave and raquel said...

That was one of the greatest stories! Thanks for making me laugh. You have such a great life!! I love reading all about your adventures!

Lisa Dean said...

EWWW! I HATE CATS! You are such a trouper! Good job on your thorough cleaning! That looks like so much work!

The Johnson Family said...

Ha Ha! that is a funny picture!
Love ellie

The Johnson Family said...

dear mom, i really love you,so i decided to wright this.your best wishes, boo-boo!