Saturday, May 22, 2010

Super Taitey

I think I posted pictures on here of a Superman cape I made for Cyrus that he adores, wears it constantly! He will put it on in the morning and come up to me all day and give me a kiss and then say "I hadda go now...I hadda go save the day!"
I made a Batman one too and I just thought the kids could share them, well Taite kindly informed me that she couldn't wear those two because they were boy colors. She asked me to make her a Super Taitey cape! To say she was pleased with my work would be a major understatement. She too wears it everywhere!

I adore her!


I have to add in a funny little exchange between Taite and Cy the other day. I was making some bread (I am an addict of homemade bread!) and was all floury and sticky with dough. I could hear Taite being not so nice to Cy. Then I hear him cry as she took something away from him. She had been a punk all afternoon and I had had my fill. He came running to me and said that "Taitey took my Mack truck, she's being mean."
I said, "I know buddy, I've had it with her. She is gonna get it." I don't even know what I meant by that specifically but apparently to him it was BAD. He looked at me and said, "No...no Mommy! Not my Taitey. She don't get it!"

I said "She needs to get it buddy, she's in big trouble." He ran off saying, "She don't get it! Taitey don't get it!" and I was laughing to myself.

While I finished kneading the dough and cleaning up, I could hear him go into her. Pretty much immediately she starts it up again and then he starts running back yelling at the top of his lungs "Okay, okay! She need to get it! She need to get IT!!"
How quickly his devotion faded...pretty cute.

And she did indeed get it, little stinker. Such a cute stinker though.




10 comments:

Michelle said...

she is adorable!! I love Cy and his protectiveness of her, he is so cute!! Dev, you are Wonderwoman! you need to make yourself a cape!! Making capes, making bread, and taking care of those sweet kiddos. You are such an example to me of what I want to be!!

Jennifer Pelo Rawlings said...

That is what I was going to say, that I hope you have a Supermom cape for yourself. Such a funny story with Cy and Taite.

Erin said...

that cape is awesome! i love that she wore it to the park:) you are a talented little seamstress:)! that cy story is pretty dang cute! wish u were here so are boys could play! love you guys!

Lindsay and Mike said...

Haha! That cape is so cute & I love that story about Cy & Taite. Too funny!

The Farrell Family said...

What a great cape Dev! She's so cute. :)

Loftus' said...

hahahaha!! Your kids say such funny things! Cute cape...I wish I had some skills in sewing :(

Kelli Proctor said...

I totally get that with a house full of boys that are obsessed with super heros we are always in costume year round around here! She is SO CUTE!

easleyfamily said...

such a cute girl! I'm impressed with your cape making abilities! Way to go Dev!!!

Hunter Haven said...

THAT IS THE CUTEST CAPE I have ever seen. Oh to be a grandma with tons of time to make fun things for everyone of your kids in their favorite colors and with their initials.

TAITE IS SO ADORABLE IN HER PINK TAITE CAPE. Devyn, you are such a wonderful mother and I'm so proud of you and all you do for your family.


Cyrus is so tender hearted towards Taite, but even he has to draw a line in the sand somedays. Goooooo Cyrus!!!

I love and miss you all,
Oma

J Fo said...

So funny! At least your hard work is not laying on the floor somewhere. It's being worn for ALL to see!