Friday, May 7, 2010

We eat what?

Its the beginning again of the fantastic garden! You all know how I despise summertime in general because of the heat...but it does have some majorly fantastic things, the kids being home from school and the GARDEN! Fresh veggies almost daily YUM!

Mattie works so hard on the garden and I am thankful for it. He makes it a family thing and I think it is wonderful to get all of us out there working in it. The kids love to see how their hard work pays off when things begin to grow!

Even Gus!


I have to tell a couple of funny stories that came about because of the garden. I took the girls to soccer one day while Matt took the boys on a special errand to one of his farmers. We came home to an elated Cy and a smelly yard!
They had gone to get manure to fertilize the garden. Cy is in LOVE with farms and tractors so heading off to the farm was a joy for him. He came running up to us when we got home from soccer. He was practically screaming with excitement as he explained "Mommy! Girls! We got POOP!! Daddy put POOP on the garden!!!"
Taite had a very dejected and disgusted look on her face "Poop?"
Cy continued "POOP to grow Daddy's garden!"
Taite started to cry a little bit..."Really? I don't want to eat Poop!"
After I died laughing I started to make him call it fertilizer...no more poop.


Then a few days later Matt was out working in the yard. He was actually killing weeds, but Taite thought he was fertilizing the smaller plants. She looked at me and said "Mommy, does the fertilizer really make it grow?"
I said yes.
She said a few minutes later "Hey, Mom. If Dad puts the fertilizer on his head...his hair will grow again really stronger."


4 comments:

Loftus' said...

hahahaha!! Funny stuff!

Michelle said...

Oh my goodness, that is hilarious!! I'm sure she was just picturing him putting that stuff on his head!! I love it, and Cy so excited about it, I love it!!

Jennifer Pelo Rawlings said...

I would love a big garden, especially if my husband would grow it for me.

Such funny kids.

Lindsay and Mike said...

Haha! I think Matt should make a poop toupe! Hey, it might work! :)