Wednesday, April 7, 2010

So Thankful for Great Friends


After St. George for 8 days, we headed up to my parents house in Alpine. It was great to be back home. We were only in Utah Valley for 4 days really so the problem was that we had SO much to squeeze in before we left! We have been blessed with great friends and I only wish it had been possible to see them all. The month of March was just a blur in a lot of ways, a blur of sad and traumatic craziness...coming to visit family and friends was exactly what I needed.

Something that I wanted to do more than anything during our trip was to visit this sweet family. The Huish Family, Zac is taking the picture but here we are with Tiffany and her sweet girlies Olivia is by Bay and Sam is on Tiff's lap.


We met the Huish Fam while we were living in Eagle Mountain. They are amazing. We weren't in that ward for too long, but our connection with them will last forever. I liked Tiffany from the get go because she is awesome and a sporty gal, which is always great for me so I am not the only one! But her friendship means so much more to me now. You can read more about their family at www.sadiehuish.blogspot.com They are truly wonderful people and unbelievable examples. Their daughter Sadie was a special friend of Bailey's. Bailey loves her so very much as does our whole family. Sadie was sweet and beautiful and passed away at the age of 6 last June after a long hard fight with a brain tumor. I was just a mess as a mother trying to understand how this could happen to someone's precious child and how horrible that trial must be. But I was equally awed to see Bailey have such tender feelings for someone she was close to. Bay just cried and cried when she would say her prayers that the tumor could just go away. We all cried so much when Sadie's fight was over. The way this family has handled their trials with grace and faith is inspiring to all who know them and to so very many who don't. I am so thankful for their friendship.
I was so excited to spend an evening with them, I wish it had been longer because the kids were really having a blast. Their strength is just awesome. Thank You Huish family for letting us barge in and say hello.
These two were cracking me up. They are only 2 months apart in age and I think they are just adorable! Pretty cute match huh? I'm just sayin.


We also got to see the Lloyd Family. Stephanie and I have been friends since the pre-existence, at least that is what our favorite seminary teacher used to claim. I was so glad to visit them, again it was too short and our kids were hilarious together. Between the two of us we have 9 so it was a fun filled night. Steph and her awesome hubby Derek (who by the way, I claim to have had a hand in helping these two get together years ago) have a 3 year old named Miriam, and 18 month old triplets ~all girls, Lia, Brynn and Claire!! HELLO! Can you say busy! Steph is an amazing mama. They are awesome. I am keeping my fingers crossed for a Johnson/Lloyd wedding in the future because Gus was in heaven with those 3 girlies. Taite considers Miriam her new best friend.
I only wish I had pictures. Our camera died pretty much right after we came up to Utah Valley. It was a wonderful night though.

We had the chance to visit another night with some of our awesome friends from the old BYU days at Wyview. It was so hilarious to think back to how our families were then and oh how we have changed. Roger and Kelli are just awesome and expecting another baby!! Can't wait! I think we moved to Wyview just so we could meet them. We love them SO much! Love you Proctors!

I had dinner with some fabulous friends from high school for a night of laughter and tears. Breakfast with a few more great friends. Family pictures (still to come). Tons of family to visit. We had to take advantage of a temple so close. A couple of dates...or course to Bajio! Basically we ran around like chickens with our heads cut off! To everyone we saw, thanks and to those we'll catch next time...we LOVE you!

No comments: