Thursday, April 15, 2010

Easter

I love, LOVE Easter. Christmas and Easter are such spiritual times for me, I love it. I love that we get to focus on our Savior and all that He did for us. Don't you feel so uplifted? I do.

But I will admit, I always cringe a little at all the candy and easter bunny stuff. I just hate to see the real meaning for Easter brushed aside. I was so excited that Conference weekend fell on Easter this year. What a wonderful thing.

Easter morning was GrEaT...the whole day was! The Easter Bunny did not disappoint and brought the kids their Easter treats, but that darn Easter Bunny hid them. He left clues as a scavenger hunt that led the kids all over the house and yard. They had a blast! I don't know what they loved more, finding their treats or that one of the clues read like this, "Where does your Dad lay his big head? That is right, go look on your parent's bed!" They laughed for ten minutes at the Easter Bunny's sense of humor, remarking about their Dad's BiG head!

Here they are reading and finding their clues!
Later that day, all the Johnson Fam came up for dinner!

It was a scrumptious feast.

Nice socks with your sandals pal.

We had an Easter egg hunt with all the cousins. Big kids in the back yard, little kids had their own in the front. Now this kind of egg hunt I don't mind as long as my kids aren't acting greedy like crazy! They had so much fun. Taite even came over to see if Cy got enough, "Does Cy need some of mine? I got a lot, I guess I am a good egg finder, well really good actually!" So modest right, but at least she was sharing!

It was so much fun!
What would a Johnson gathering be without a game of dodgeball. Watch out Ellie, Uncle Eddie throws it pretty hard! She doesn't care, she tries to catch it every time.


1 comment:

TheShippenFamily said...

I love the sandals with the sock! So cute! Looks liks a fun easter!