Friday, October 2, 2009

Oma...oh Oma!

My Mom got to come and visit for a week. It was awesome! I miss her so much and the kids, well they haven't gotten over moving away from her. It goes without saying that Taite is heartbroken without her Oma, they have a very special bond. It was a wonderful week, but of course went much too quickly.


The last day we went and ate lunch with Ellery and Bailey at school, I was unaware of what a big deal this was for the girls~they were on cloud nine! It was a fun way to say goodbye. Of course there were tears as we left to take her to the train station, it was sad.
Taite got to go with me to take Oma to the train station. She was very happy and I knew that she wasn't getting it. She was somehow missing that this was it. I kept saying, "You know Oma is going back to the airport to fly back to Utah right now?" "Yep!" she kept saying enthusiastically. She was playful as we waited for Oma's train to the airport. I was afraid because I knew she was going to fall so hard when she realized.
Sure enough, after we put Oma on the train and gave last big hugs and kisses, Taite and I sat and watched the train as they got ready to leave and she said to me "I can't wait to see Oma in the morning!" Big smiles!
I explained again and she started to cry, "Mommy, Oma is coming in the morning to stay again with Papa for Ellie's baptism! You said so!"
We had been talking the whole week about my Mom and Dad coming in December for Ellery's baptism and poor Taitem got confused. I felt so bad for her, she sobbed...SOBBED the entire way home. All throughout the day these couple of days since my Mom left, Taite will come up to me out of nowhere crying for "my Oma!" Breaks my heart.

I know where she is coming from though, I have been so blessed with the parents I have. I have always been extremely close to both of my parents and I miss them so much. My Mom has always been my best friend and it has been very hard to be so far away from her. I can't say anymore or the water works will start all over.
I love you Mom, thanks SO much for coming! We all love you!

5 comments:

Lisa Dean said...

I am so sorry! I cried for you reading his post. We lived in Texas for 5 years so I know how hard this is for you. I want to hug your sweet Taite, especially seeing her in that chair having such a good time, not realizing what is about to happen. I'm sorry, I hope December will come soon for ya'll!

stacey said...

oh oma!! i want her to come back too!! so sweet that taite loves her so much!! we are far away from family too and know how it feels. thank goodness we have the church!

Lindsay and Mike said...

I totally understand! I was away from my parents for 3 years when we lived in Louisiana! It was so hard to be away from them...especially my mom!

Loftus' said...

Oh how fun! I'm glad to read it was a good visit - so sweet of Taite to have that connection with your mom.

Hunter Haven said...

Thanks to all of you for my fun & happy visit. I did not want to go home at all. Two nights before I left I stayed up alone on the "love sack" crying until 12:45 am. I felt so sorry for myself that I text Papa and sobbed to him thru texting. All it did was make him sad that he didn't even get to come visit. He ended his texting by saying, "at least you got to visit."

I love each of you (Devyn, Mattie, Ellie, Bailey, Taite, Cy & Gus) so dearly, dearly, dearly!!! Words can never express my love for you well enough. love, Oma