Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Crack me up

Taite is hysterical. She has a way of thinking that I just can't quite describe, I love it! She is doing really well in our little Preschool. She is reading like a champ and doing great in all other areas. She has begged me to put a post on here of her reading so Oma....of course OMA! can see her latest reading. I will get around to that, but for today there is this.

Let me preface this by saying that at Learning Dynamics we used to teach the kids about writing and staying in the lines by referring to it as the "letter highway" Which became "letter road" for Taite-because letter highway kept instigating conversations of how she did not like the word highway, so hence "letter road" is my term of choice for Taite!

Anyway, we describe that "This looks like a road!" "Mommy and Daddy drive on the road don't they?" "They stay on the road because they can't drive on the sidewalk right?" "Well, we don't want to go off the highway either do we?" etc etc...you get the idea. There is usually a little discussion the first couple of days, but then they all get it and we all try to stay in the lines! Well Taite takes it a little further. Check out her work.

She got it from the first day and that is when these little characters started appearing on her paper. Right there under the capital Fs. There used to be many, but now we have whittled down to one or two for the sake of time each day.

What is it you ask? Well, when I asked her what those were she replied very casually "Oh, these are the people on the sidewalk that I don't want to run over and then they will die."

Never in all my classes of 12 students each class, or with Ellery, Bailey and Megan going through Learning Dynamics has any of them had such an issue with this...just hilarious! I LOVE this girlie!

5 comments:

TheShippenFamily said...

That is hilarious! I love her little personality!

Lindsay and Mike said...

It's a writing lesson and drivers ed combined into one!!!

Big Boy said...

That child is a laugh-a-minute, I love her. You are a great Momma Dev!

Loftus' said...

hahaha - that is soOoOo cute! Thanks for sharing!

Michelle said...

What a cutie!! I love the little people on the sidewalk!! She is so fun. She is doing awesome with writing her letters too!!