Thursday, October 1, 2009

Beach Birthday!

My Big 4 year old!!! Words can not express how much
I love this girl!
She is such a wonderful blessing to our family!
Happy Birthday Taiter Bug!

She wanted a Beach Party, so we headed after cake & presents we headed off to Lake Michigan!
I thought it was hilarious that she wanted a beach party because she hates the waves...the actual waves coming at her!
But she LOVES the sand and knows that her favorite person in the world Oma LOVES the beach, so a beach party it was!

It was a chilly day, so we knew we would not be swimming, but wanted to go up anyway. I was shocked, not really, that the kids still dove right in! They didn't complain about the cold at all. It was a very relaxing afternoon.
When Taite saw the other kids having a great time in the water, she even asked me to take her in. As long as I promised to hold her hands the whole time. As we stood there and the water covered our feet and came up our legs, she said "Mommy, I just don't like the waves coming at me." I said, "Taite, the waves are just coming to say Hello!! That is why they call them waves... they wave to you!" She smiled and said "Oh! That is so nice...actually Mommy, I think I can hear them saying "Happy Birthday Taite""




One last funny. At breakfast that morning, Taite looked out at the fog covering the field behind our house and said to my Mom,

"Oh, no! Now I can't talk at all at my party today." My mom said "Why?"

Taite replied very sullenly "There is frog all over the ground....and when my mom has a frog in her throat, she can't talk very loud."

1 comment:

Lindsay and Mike said...

Haha! I love all the funny things she says. Too cute!