Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Bumps

We have had a rough week, well Gus and Cy have. First, the other day I hear giggling coming from the toy room as I am making dinner. Taite and Gus were playing together and as always, she was making him laugh! They were totally content for about 20 minutes, which is a lot for Gus!
Then I hear a thump and a bloody murder scream! You know the scream that is definitely not an angry or pouty scream...I am hurt scream. I ran in to find Gus completely out of breath he was crying so hard. There was blood on the floor and Taite was crying too. She had tried to rock him in the recliner and he fell over the edge onto a sharp toy.
It bled a LOT, but there were just three small punctures so nothing to sew up. He got over it a lot sooner than poor Taite. She felt awful, "We were snuggling and I thought I could rock him! He's gonna be mad at me." So sad, and NO he was not mad at his favorite giggling buddy.

Cyrus- We had a fun time at the park and he was running to the car when he tripped. He fell forward and nailed his head right on the curb. It was the loudest thump I have ever heard, I honestly expected blood to be everywhere when I pulled him up. But, thank heavens it was just a bad, big, fat goose egg, poor guy. Of course he said "Need my Daddy" so we raced home so Dad could make it all better.


These two little guys melt my heart! They are great buds too. I love it when they get out their tools and pretend to fix things, Cy tries to show Gus what to do~I love it!
Here they are "helping" Mommy put the new bookshelf together, they really helped speed things up! NOT, but it was still worth it to see them try!

4 comments:

Erin said...

geez! i think that is the worst goose egg i've ever seen! and poor gus & taite:). hope all is on the mend quickly.

Loftus' said...

oh, poor things - Cy's looks like it hurts!

Big Boy said...

I wish I woulda commented first. Cy's bump is actually the beginning of his Mormon Horns.

J Fo said...

Wow. That's rough! I don't think that I've ever seen a goose egg that big...poor kid! Good thing Daddy could make him feel better!