Sunday, August 30, 2009

Can't get enough of the Zoo!

It is a great thing that we have a season pass because the kids LOVE the Zoo and like to go as often as possible. Matt stayed home with the boys this time so that we could have a Mommy-Daughter Day! It was fun!


Here are my Monkeys checkin out the Monkeys!
There were a lot of Amish people visiting the Zoo that day too. They are such kind and wonderful people. We see them around Plymouth every now and then and the kids always get excited to see their buggies driving down the road. Cy always yells out the window "Hey horse!"
Anyway, they were at the zoo today and when we walked in the gates there was a large group right in front of us, probably 50 people or so and Taite became overjoyed with excitement! She yells out "Oh! Oh! Somebody invited the AMISH!!!" She was completely sincere in her exhilaration, but I wasn't sure that our Amish friends would take it that way so I tried to hush her.

Then Bailey looked confused, "Wait, I didn't see any buggies in the parking lot?!"

Ellery said, "Um...we're at the Zoo, I am SURE that they park with the other horses!"

These Amish people kept throwing the monkeys taffy. I don't know if that is good for the monkeys, but it was pretty funny to see the monkeys get a little hyper just opening the candy.
The Amish ladies right next to us were speaking in German (well, similar ) of course and I said to the girls, "Hey, they are speaking in German just like Oma."

Taite got all excited and said "Oh I must sing "In Den Hoen Baumen" to them!" ("In the Leafy Treetops" that my Mom taught her in German) I tried to dissuade her, but she eagerly replied "I know they want to hear it!"

The horses were a big hit!

Usually a worker walked next to the horse around this pathway, but they let Taite go all by herself. I was a little nervous that she was going to be afraid or unsure, but she did great! She was very comfortable. Her horse stopped a couple of times and you could hear her coaxing him along...come on horsey! I was proud of her!

Bailey was SO excited about the horses, she LOVES horses. I couldn't tell what made her more excited though, the ponies or the fact that they had one named Sadie...which of COURSE she picked because she loves Sadie so much. She was adamant that she wanted Sadie to ride even though she was a little big for her. That made her whole day!

Again with the Amish, sorry! Ellery was very interested in why this Amish family was watching the horses so closely. I didn't understand what she meant, but I caught her drift after a minute. I mean, they DO spend a lot of time around horses already!?! Very perceptive Elle.

The train ride is always a big hit! These two are SO AdOrAbLe!

I kept catching these two little guys turning around and
looking at Ellery over and over again!

I took this in the pitch black tunnel when they weren't expecting it!

The Peacocks roam free around the Zoo and
Bailey tried so hard to pet one.
I was going to tell her not to, but he was much too speedy anyway!
Bailey thought standing so close to this monster was awesome. He would just float there, perfectly still. She even said at one point that she thought he was dead or a fake. I assured her he was real. Just as I did, he moved his big ugly eye and blinked real fast. This caught her off guard, then he made this big lunge toward her....scared her to death.
As we walked away she said, "Well, he's definitely real!"

Great Day!

6 comments:

J Fo said...

I LOVE the zoo! What a fun day out with your Amish buddies. Wouldn't they be upset if they knew you were taking their pictures? ;)

Lindsay and Mike said...

Haha! I love all the comments your girls made about the Amish people. Hilarious!

The Johnson Family said...

Yes, I know I am naughty taking their pictures when they don't know it! I can't help it they are fabulous and their little ones in those hats...just adorable!

Loftus' said...

What a fun day - your girls just make me laugh! They say the funniest things! Glad you guys (girls) had a fun time.

Huish Family said...

Hilarious and gorgeous little gals. You will indeed have your hands full, my friend. Love the picture of the boys looking back.. it begins. :)

And thanks for mentioning Bailey's horse ride... she is a true and eternal friend to our little angel.

Love you and miss you!

P.S. I'd love to hear Taite's German rendition of "In Den Hoen Baumen"... she is a hoot!

Hunter Haven said...

I can't wait to go to the zoo with my darling grandchildren! love you all, Oma