Friday, August 7, 2009

Harvest Time....yum!

I just have to thank my hubby for all his hard work in our garden! Mattie you are the BEST!! It has been awesome, I've been preparing food for weeks now and I think we can definitely say we are stocked up for the winter! Squash, zucchini, sweet peas, broccoli, pumpkins, tomatoes, green beans, corn, onions, asparagus, cauliflower, lettuce, garlic, strawberries..I think I got it all.
I had to put this picture up, we had already picked almost all the sweet corn but I wanted to show how tall his corn grew. Matt is 6'5 people! Look how stinkin tall that corn is!

Here are the girls helping me with a small portion of the beans. I just snap the ends, but the girlies like to go all out and cut them. I think it makes them feel "grown-up" whatever, I am just thankful for the help. I think the garden has been very good in helping their work ethic grow....ha ha....grow---get it! They are hard little workers.


Look at these weird beans...great for homemade refried beans!

We're not near done and he's been plantin again, lots of work but well worth it!

4 comments:

Jennifer Pelo Rawlings said...

That corn is unbelievable. I love those funky beans.

TheShippenFamily said...

Your garden is so amazing! I am jealous!!

Loftus' said...

WOW!! I'm also jealous - our garden is super wimpy compared to yours - way to go guys, it looks awesome!!

J Fo said...

I wish that we lived closer so that we could share the fruits of YOUR labor! It looks amazing!