Sunday, August 16, 2009

The Johnson Family Party!

I just had to put this picture up because it was so stinkin cute!! Two of my 3 FaVoRiTe boys!!

Every year Matt's Dad, Big Al puts on a HUGE family party! It is awesome! There is a ton of food, fun and family. This year was just a blast. From the first time that I met Matt's family, I have felt completely at home, they are wonderful and I am SO thankful for them!


Matt's Dad, Al lives on about 85 acres of corn. Well 8 acres around the house and 77 of corn and woods. It is beautiful! The kids had a blast going on go-cart rides and 4 wheeler rides through the corn fields and woods. It was such a great time. Ellery learned to drive the go-cart and it was all we could do to pry her out of it! They rented one of those huge blow up jumpers, not very good pictures of it, but it was huge! Then of course we played our now famous dodgeball tournaments. We even spray painted boundaries, we are getting serious! It was awesome!


Amazing food and great conversation with family and friends from all around. If only it hadn't been so dang hot. It was in the 90's with I think 78% humidity! I was melting. Give me my desert back people! I am loving Indiana just for this reason...getting to know this awesome family! LOVE you Johnsons!





3 comments:

Kelli Proctor said...

tons of fun! Now I know why Matt is such a country boy at heart, and wants to have lots of land and have a garden! Like father like son right?! And why shouldnt you have a HUGE party every year, when you have land like that! AMAZING! And by the way, that pic of you and your sis in law is gorgeous! You two look like you are sisters! And that part about Matt coming out in in his bathrobe, classic Matt, classic! haha! Love it! Love you guys!

Jennifer Pelo Rawlings said...

That looks like so much fun. In my dreams I think I want land like that, but in reality I'm not so sure. I wouldn't mind someone in my family having land like that though.

Hunter Haven said...

I AM SO JEALOUS OF BEING INVITED TO BIG AL'S PARTY.

I will never forget the blast we had at Big Al's Party Pond Bash for Dev & Matt's wedding reception - Johnson style!