Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Latest funnies


Oh how I love this girl! The other day the girls had a "summer fun" piano recital. It was low key and informal, just practice performing.
They were asked by their teacher to pick 2-3 of the songs they have been practicing. As Mrs. Woolley opened the recital she explained this and then said that Bailey could not choose just 3 and had to play 5. Everyone chuckled.
Then a few minutes later is was Bay's turn. She played each piece...1...2....3 with Mrs. Woolley announcing each title. After the 3rd song Bailey quickly reached up and turned the page of her book before her teacher could trade books for her next "planned piece" She didn't stop with that extra song, but went immediately into the song on the adjacent page.
Everyone was giggling because it was obvious she was sneaking in an extra song or two. She played 7 songs in all. After she was done, or should I say after Mrs. Woolley was able to confiscate all of Bailey's books, Bailey hopped up and took a huge bow with a gigantic grin on her face! Her teacher said, "How can I get upset about that....she LOVES to play!"
What a little performer!



Lately Tommy here has been responding to every question and response with a loving "Roger that Mom!" "Roger that Dad!" I hope she is always that enthusiastic when asked to make her bed!

5 comments:

Lindsay and Mike said...

Such cute girls!

Loftus' said...

Way cute!! Your kids make me giggle so much! :) Tell Elly-belly we said hello!!

easleyfamily said...

That is just adorable!!!

Kelli Proctor said...

Wow! I can bearly keep up with you guys! So much fun! I love that of corse you are so excited for NFL season, and those shorts, haha, I am super proud of Matt for finally getting his garden and doing a FABULOUS job, and that beach day looked so fun! Love you guys, it would be so fun to come visit...we miss you so much!

Hunter Haven said...

Bailey is just taking after her mother, who would not share the stage with her brothers.

Taitem is just on the same wave length as her Oma. My newest project is to become a "ham radio operator." If we are ever in real trouble, I want to be able to communicate with my loved ones far away from me. Let's get Taite hooked up, too.