Sunday, August 2, 2009

Volleyball with Ellery

Ellery is super competitive! Any of you who know her know this is no mild statement. She can't STAND to loose. She isn't a sore looser. It is that you can just see her boiling under the skin that for her, she didn't do enough to win. She is extremely hard on herself. On one hand I don't want her to be so hard on herself, but on the other hand it excites me like no other because I know she will go so far!

She came to a volleyball game of mine the other day and as soon as we got home she went out and put a rope up between two trees all by herself so that we could play together. She is just awesome. I told her to shoot the ball like a basketball for this picture, look at that FORM! Nice follow-through already...its just wonderful!




Words can't describe how I love this girl. All my girls!

3 comments:

J Fo said...

Yay for a volleyball girl! You do know, however, that it is blasphemous to shoot a volleyball like a basketball, right?! Seriously, work on her VOLLEYBALL form, lady!

Jennifer Pelo Rawlings said...

I wonder where she gets her competitive spirit. That's so unlike her parents, right? Weird.

The Johnson Family said...

Totally weird. I can't help it, I hope she has crazy skills!