Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Ribbitt

Okay, they aren't really going to get warts are they? That is an old wives tale right?!?
Well, it still makes me happy that they are out there catching tree frogs. They aren't really squeamish girls. They have come a long way. I know I am probably a mean Mom, but I can't stand it when they freak out about bugs etc. They don't freak out at spiders or bugs anymore, they don't like them, but they don't freak out they know I don't really sympathize with it. Now bees are another subject...we are working on bees. But the bees we have in our backyard are HUMONGOUS! So I give them a little credit there.

Taite wanted to name him Ribbitt! Makes sense right?

Bailey found one the other day that was injured. She was heartbroken, cried and cried and cried. I tried to tell her that I thought he was okay and we should just let him go, but that didn't help her feel any better. She was so worried about him that she followed him through the yard for over an hour, to "make sure he made it home safely" she said. Bailey has a very tender heart.

5 comments:

easleyfamily said...

my girls are squeemish...it's my fault. I remember Ellie being her once and killing a spider for Addi...Addi still talks about that when she's standing on a stool with the spider crawling along on the floor! Crazy girl!

Lloyd Family said...

What a sweet little girl Bailey is!

Jennifer Pelo Rawlings said...

I am the same. I have very little tolerance for screams over bugs and such. It's a great skill to not be afraid of slimy, creepy, crawly things. Good job.

Sarah said...

Having all boys..I love it when the girlies want to go and play with frogs and catch bugs! so cute!

Harmony said...

I have absolutely no tolerance for screaming when bugs and other "creepy crawlies" are present! So I'm glad my 2yo thinks spiders and lizards are "so coot."