Saturday, June 20, 2009

Ramblings from a tired Dev

You may want to skip this, blogs are cheap therapy. I am up late, should be in bed. But I just can't settle down tonight. There are times in my life when I seem caught up in my own problems or trials. I always search for the meaning in them, because I believe there is meaning in everything. But I wonder how many of those times, my efforts or heartache could be avoided or better spent if I would just use a little perspective and a lot of gratitude. How big a deal is it really? Is this really that bad? Should I really let myself feel this bad? Don't I have so much to be thankful for? Haven't we all had a pity party now and then, unfortunately I know I do.

Then I have an experience like I have had tonight. This has been a rough week, just seems there has been a lot to deal with and unfortunately I let it get me a little down. Then tonight, as I sit here taking up time on the computer wanting to wait up for Matt to get home from work, I have one of those moments that just turns it all around. Bringing my focus back to where it ought to be. A very wonderful friend of mine is going through the very worst of trials, if you asked me. Her precious 6 year old daughter is fighting a horrible battle with a brain tumor. I can't even imagine the anguish, is there anything worse as a parent? My heart just breaks for my friend and her family. Their faith has been so inspiring, just incredible.

How ridiculous I feel when I am so blessed to ever loose sight, however briefly, of that fact. I shouldn't have to be reminded. I have such a wonderful life and as tomorrow is Father's Day and Tuesday is our anniversary...9 YEARS! I just want to tell my Mattie how much I love him and thank him for all my blessings, because he is almost always responsible for the good things in my life.

I am so grateful to share this wonderful, beautiful, precious, funny, active, LOUD family with him. He is the greatest Dad and greatest husband I could have ever asked for. When I met Matt and the whirlwind of our relationship began, at moments when I would feel that things were moving too quickly, I could never deny that there was just a peace in my heart that I had never met anyone more right for me than him. What a strengthening of my testimony, because truly I could not imagine a more perfect fit than Matt is for me. I felt that the Lord must know me as an individual to bring Matt into my life. He and our marriage is everything I need. Matt knows me and loves me more than anyone on this earth and that is such a reassuring feeling. With him, all is well...perfect, dare I say.

I love you Matt and I am so grateful that you put up with all that you do. You are such a wonderful Dad and the kids adore you. You are the greatest hubby and I thank you for truly caring about me so unselfishly. I love you! I could get a lot more mushy, but we have been made fun of for that fact a lot lately and I think I should spare people a bit! Ahh...who are we kidding, you all know I am probably going to write another post on our anniversary full of mush! Something to look forward to!
Tootles,

....and Hoss, Thanks for Asking!

4 comments:

Perl Questions said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Huish Family said...

Dev,
You are wonderful... Happy Anniversary, and Happy Father's Day to Matt. We love you and miss you.

Love, Tiff

Big Boy said...

Dev, thanks for saying yes. You are the most incredible person in the world, I feel very lucky and blessed to have you with me. Thanks for sticking with me ;) I love you I always have and I always will. ~Hoss

Erin said...

you guys are awesome! so sweet! miss you tons! and your family is so precious! you really are so lucky you found someone so perfect for you:).