Saturday, June 6, 2009

Chicago Temple

Today was awesome! The Relief Society in our Stake made a bus trip to the Chicago Temple today. I was not going to miss out on this opportunity and Matt as always was eager to help me get some time away. It was perfect. All those years of living within easy driving distance to many temples, I feel like I really took that for granted. It is kind of nice to be reminded what a privilege and joy it is to attend the temple. Anywhere all over the world...same peaceful feeling.
Thanks again Mattie for helping me get to go, you are always so considerate of what I need! I feel very refreshed and uplifted! Isn't it a beautiful temple?

5 comments:

easleyfamily said...

It's true...living so close we take it for granted, but when we do get there its so uplifting and refreshing! Glad you got to make the trip!

Bertasso Family said...

Thanks Devyn for encouraging me to come along. I had a great time! And thanks again for the ride!

Katie McCaul said...

That temple is so pretty! Glad you had a great trip.

Jennifer Pelo Rawlings said...

I must admit, growing up around so many beautiful temples, I didn't love Chicago the first time I went. It was our temple when we lived in Ohio. I miss it now. Seeing that picture brings back so many sweet memories. It is a beautiful temple. It's always such a blessing to be able to attend anywhere.

stacey said...

so cool that you got to go!! good job matt! we are going to the louisville temple in 2 weeks, i can't wait to see it! we should get together this summer!