Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Personalities

My kids are all so different...and SO FUN! They make life interesting and my job as a Mom...well, never dull! They are my life. They make me crazy with love and happiness! This is probably going to be on the long side, sorry. I have to do updates on the latest "little" stuff for the fam far away.
Ellery


She is SO awesome. Talk about luck in the oldest department. She is so naturally helpful and sweet as can be. There is however, another side to Elle, she is SUPER competitive! She can't stand to loose at anything and has so much fun in any kind of competition. She is even a trash talker!

Matt took Ellery and Bailey to a little pick up ball at the gym the other day. They love to watch Matt and I play any kind of sports. After, he was shooting around with them. Ellery had the ball in her hands ready to go and yelled at him with her game face on.. "Come on Princess!" She yelled that out to her 6 foot 5, 340lb. lineman of a father. I swear I did not teach her that.

Bailey

She has always had a little connection to others in need. She worries a lot about people who are hurting in anyway. Her teacher called me 2 days after school was out. I was a little surprised because school was already over for the summer. But she just called to let me know how much she loved Bailey. She said that she hasn't seen compassion like that in a person so young. Bailey is the youngest in her kindergarten class, but very smart and would always complete her work very quickly. Every time that she finished she would hurry to help a couple of kids who struggle in the class. Her teacher said she never asked Bay to do that, but that she could tell Bailey was concerned about those kids and didn't want them to ever feel embarrassed about finishing slowly.
I love my Bailey.


Taite

She is so hilarious. I don't know what I would do with out my Taiter Bug. She is different for us from the older two girls. She is very girlie and dainty...and I LOVE it! I love having that change. She is always flitting around, twirling and prancing. She would wear a dress everyday if possible. Not so much a sporty girl so far. I asked her if she would like to take dance lessons and she said no, gymnastics. This thrilled me, I thought it was a perfect fit for her. She is freakishly flexible.

So off to gymnastics we go. I will have to do a post all by itself about that with some pictures, but I will tell you about the first day. I sat over in the parents section and Taite was in heaven. After a few minutes she came running off the mats and over to me. I was surprised because she is very independent and not afraid to be away from me.

I said "Taite, stay with your coach."

She looked at me and said "I have ta tell you sum-ping (something)...."

Okay I said.

"Mommy, I'm really good at this!" I sent her back only to have her run over 2 more times to report the same news. I told her to stay with her coach again. She did for a long time and then they were doing some trick and I think her coach must have congratulated her. She jumped up on a really tall mat and yelled over to me at the top of her lungs. "Mommy, I'm really good at that because I'm Bendy!"

Cy

Such a loving boy! The girls rotate helping me make dinner every night. I really make them do stuff too, I figure the earlier they learn, the earlier they can really be of help to me. So Cy wanted a turn the other night. He went and got the stool and came over..."Cy Cy turn heping!"

So here we are making our buttermilk biscuits...yum he kept saying! He had fun cooking with me, but he really is still a Daddy's boy! He gets very upset a lot of the time when Matt is gone at work. Once Matt gets home, he gets REALLY upset if Matt disappears from sight at all. I hope they are always very close.


Gus


Gus Gus, what a delight. He is so fun and such a great fit in the fam. He has been army crawling longer than any other baby we have had, almost 2 months now. But this last week he finally moved on. He will crawl on hands and knees some, but mostly he crawls on hands and feet like this. It is hilarious. I love this kid to death!

He is usually chewing on his tongue lately, but when he is not, he is still all smiles!


Sorry this post is so long, but what can I say...there are so many of them! I wouldn't have it any other way, they are way too fun!

9 comments:

Katie McCaul said...

I love that post! I can't wait to have another to see the differences. Your kids seem to be so great!

Michelle said...

They are so so cute!! I love the differences. So fun!

Jennifer Pelo Rawlings said...

I wonder where Ellery gets her competitive spirit. It's such a mystery.

Your kids are so great. So many of the special traits are ones they share with you and Matt.

The Johnson Family said...

We have tried SO hard to figure out where she gets it...I guess we'll never know!

J Fo said...

I love these little updates. You have such great kids, and they are all so unique. You're lucky, for sure. I think that they are even luckier to have such a great mom. You totally rock! I'm impressed that you make dinner every night! ;)

stacey said...

what a great family!! you and matt are SUCH GREAT parents. really. thanks for keeping us up on your sweet family. you are always so positive!! i know if you can do it THEN SO CAN I!!

Stacey said...

I really liked that post, and the music, it's all so happy. I came from a big family too and I loved it. I probably won't be able to have a big family, but whatever we have I hope to be happy like you guys!

Lindsay and Mike said...

Such cute kiddos!

Kelli Proctor said...

so awesome...I love your kids! They are so cute!