Friday, May 22, 2009

A little drama goes a long way.

I have been pretty sick lately, a little bronchitis action. The kids have been very understanding of my lack of usual enthusiasm. I am a leaky, snotty, no voice, mess. I know wahhh wahhh!

Last night at dinner we had a little drama. Matt left the room for a moment and the kids were still eating at the table. I was feeding Gus in his highchair. I had been feeling light headed and when I went to stand up, I stood up too quickly. My slipper was caught on my chair and being so off balance, I fell over hard on the tile. I thumped my head good on the tile and took the chair down with me landing with a huge bang!

Just the thud from the chair would have been enough to scare the kids. But the fact that I wasn't saying anything (because I was trying so hard not to cuss!) scared them even more. Ellery and Bay ran over to me yelling Mommy. Then, so hilarious... Taite stands up on the bench and cried at the top of her lungs, I quote

"Oh my Goodness! My Mudder is dead! Daddyyyyyyyy!"

Her sympathy did not last long though, because the next morning I still had no voice really and was trying to tell her something. She couldn't hear me well enough and said "what?" several times.

Finally out of frustration she said, and I quote again, "Mommy....PLEASE use your real voice, I don't like this game anymore!"

Her comments always bring me such happiness. This little girl is adorable beyond words with her sweet personality. I asked her this afternoon, "How did you get SO cute?" She replied simply, "From my Oma...she makes me cute!"

Glad I went through labor and delivery of her 9lb. butt to not even get a little credit!

10 comments:

Jennifer Pelo Rawlings said...

I do love reading about Taite, she so cracks me up. Also, sorry you are feeling yucky and that you fell, but I'm glad you're not dead.

Julie H. said...

You know, you could publish all of the things that come out of her mouth and be set for the rest of your life. I can't help but laught out loud every time I read about something she has said. What an incredible spirit she is!

Erin said...

sorry you're feeling so yucky devyn! taite is hilarious. hope you feel better soon!

Molly said...

Devyn I was laughing so hard while reading this post. It sounds like we have the same levels of drama in our families. It must be a girl thing.

The Farrell Family said...

Lol! Too funny. Taite is hilarious. I'm glad that Mudder Devyn isn't dead. ;)

stacey said...

that is too cute. hope you are feeling better. is it hot enough for you yet! i am done already!

Kelli Proctor said...

you guys are the best family ever! Your kids crack me up even if they arent here! Lots of fun adventures! Loved the baseball stories, and the part where the lady was so shocked you were Mormons! Haha! You are awesome! Miss you too!

Megan said...

So funny...not the falling down on the tile part, but what Taite had to say about all of it. I hope you start feeling better soon so you can use your freal voice soon!

Lindsay and Mike said...

Taite is a hoot! I love the things she says! "My mudder is DEAD" Haha!!! :)

Loftus' said...

Seriously - Your kids crack me up, Taite says the funniest things! Hope you start feeling better.