Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Taiter Tot

Taite: Mom, when is the Baby Sister going to come out? Your tummy is too smaller now for a baby!
Mom: Honey, we aren't having another baby right now.
Taite: But Mom, I told you I want a baby GIRL!
Mom: Well, don't you like Gus?
Taite: I love Gussy, can we make him a girl Gussy right now?

Taite got in trouble yesterday, I can't even remember for what. But I know it was something she had done several times. She had to sit in the corner for a few minutes (barely in trouble!) and I was telling her that she had better not do it again. She looked up at me and with big huge alligator tears rolling down her cheeks and filling her eyes and a quivering little lip and shaky voice she said...
"Mommy, you have to be nice to Taite. Oma wants you to be nice to me! You just can't be mean to me!!!"
I said, "I am not being mean to you, you are in trouble because you didn't obey."
She looked up and very calmly and sincerely, not snotty at all said "Well you are going to be in trouble. Oma said to be nice to me."

That is my little Taite,
she is sweet and very loving, she gets her tender little feelings hurt so easily. She is a joy and impossible not to
fall in love
with! I am so glad that her happy little spirit is in our family. I love seeing her eyes light up around those she loves...mostly Oma, but still, there are others she loves too!

7 comments:

The Farrell Family said...

Kids are so funny. Taite is such a doll! Look at those eyes!

SuzyO said...

So funny! Don't you love kids?

By the way, my new next-door neighbor has a little girl named Taitem (sorry if my spelling is way off). Crazy!

The Johnson Family said...

No, you are one of the first people to spell it Taitem. We messed the spelling up, I think the "normal" way is Tatum. I just didn't want people to call her Tatum, like Bat--um, does that make sense...he he! Plus I really wanted to call her Taite, so there you have it

Sarah said...

she is so dang cute and quick with the wit! Can you even imagine what it will be like when she is a teenager? aaaaaaaahhh. :)

TheShippenFamily said...

I miss seeing Tait. She is so adorable!!

Stacey said...

Hi Devyn, cute blog, I love your kids names. My husband and I loved the name Tateum (like your pleeing) for a long time ( and still do) I've never met another person who did too, I always thought it would be cute to call her tator tot! AND I've recently loved the name Cyrus too, crazy! Stop reading my diary.

Hunter Haven said...

Dear little Taite, you are so precious to me and I am glad that you know that Oma wants EVERYBODY to be nice to my Taitem. I enjoyed your pictures to see how much you have grown up. You are a big girl now! love you, Oma