Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Last, but not least...

Tall and Skinny, don't laugh but I'm worried!
Now I know this is going to sound crazy to some, okay most of you, but I am worried about Gus' weight. He is not a good eater, nursing has been frustrating. He had his 4 month check up today, now hear me out, he was 27 1/2 in. long above the 97th %- that is normal for my kids. His weight was 15 lbs. 10 oz. 70%, that is very small for us. He has fallen far off the weight curve he was on, he has lost half a pound just since a doctor visit last week.

The doctor said she isn't concerned for right now, even though he is so different from the other kids. She wants to weigh him every month for a little while and make sure he doesn't keep dropping. I guess we'll see. I guess he'll be a basketball player like his Mama.

My little Augustus is a great little guy! We are SO happy to have him in our family. I am thankful every day that Heavenly Father blessed us with one more fantastic little spirit. We have been calling him Caboose lately because we think he's the end of the line. What a cutie to bring up the rear!
We LOVE you Gus!

11 comments:

stacey said...

dev, your kids are adorable! they look just like you! i like your bangs. i think i would be a little worried about gus not gaining weight too, but i am sure he will be ok. sounds like you have a good doctor and that is REALLY important. olivia is off the charts for height and only 75% for weight THEN mallory is 50% for height and 25% for weight. i promise they are both brett's. lol.

Hunter Haven said...

Dear darling Gus, you look so cute in your pretty mommy's arms. I hope you become a basketball player just like your mommy. I miss you tons and tons. We are counting the days until our visit in March. love you, Oma

Julie H. said...

So sweet! And you are looking great! Miss you!

Erin said...

gus is so cute! your bangs are cute! i'd be a little worried about the losing of weight, but i'm sure you will make sure he eats:). and there's nothing wrong with him being tall & more slender than an offensive lineman!!!

Harmony said...

Dev, you look fantastic and Gus is as cute as can be. I think it's normal for every mom to be worried about things that don't seem to make anyone else worry. You are a GREAT mom! (And your caboose is adorable as can be!)

Katie McCaul said...

How cute! He is getting so big so fast. Man girl we were happy if Reddek was even on the charts! I know you are more worried that he is loosing weight that is never good for a little one to do...hopefully he will continue to grow.

Haskins said...

Your kids are so cute!! I love your bangs BTW super cute!!

Lindsay and Mike said...

Haha! Cohen is 3 months older than Gus & they weigh the same! haha!

J Fo said...

That is the cutest caboose I have ever seen! Cabooses come in all shapes and sizes, so I think that you shouldn't be too worried. Emmy was a bad nurser, too. It's so hard. Good luck...maybe you should just add some hgh to his diet? ;)

easleyfamily said...

What a cutie patootie! and I love your dark locks!!! Lookin saucy :)

Feller said...

He is so adorable I love the caboose very clever.