Sunday, January 4, 2009

Finally its over....2008!

Wow what a CRAZY year 2008 has been for our family. Really difficult...really wonderfully blessed.

JANUARY- Sad
For a crappy reason, I had to quit a job that I LOVED---teaching preschool at Learning Dynamics Preschool. It is the greatest Preschool around! Maybe someday...


FEBRUARY- Surprise
Can't kick the stomach flu....throwing up for a couple of days.
Matt jokes..."Maybe you're pregnant!"
No way, No Way, NO WAY......YES way! Surprise!



March
- Happy
Cy's 1st Birthday!! Such a blessing this little man. We can't get enough of him!



APRIL- Tradition
Annual Football Alumni BBQ at BYU. Matt really enjoys seeing all his teammates and coaches once a year. I love this picture with LaVell Edwards--what a legend, my Dad who played, Matt and Cy... 3 generations of BYU Football? No pressure Cy!


MAY- Addiction
I became a blogaholic!! Maybe the reason I love it so much is that it soothes my guilt over not scrapbooking!! I can display my cute kids and record their funny moments easily.



JUNE- Bliss
8 Wonderful years with my best friend... yes pure BLISS
I can't believe he asked me to marry him and I can't believe what an awesome life we have together with our kids!




JULY & AUGUST- Awful
Disclaimer- whining approaching!
Matt accepted a wonderful job offer in Indiana. Matt had to leave his pregnant, sick, exhausted, hobbling (with a terrible pinched nerve) wife... having contractions and spotting from all the work, with 4 kids alone to pack, clean and rent out a house. This took 7 1/2 weeks.... but who was counting- he he!
Then we moved a very large and pregnant woman--I can admit it- across country. My poor Dad had to ride, and drive the whole time which he was not planning on, with me and the kids the whole way. (Thanks again Dad!)
Let alone the fact that we were moving away from my FAMILY!
Wheww!! Glad we got those months...and the whining over with!


SEPTEMBER
-Growing
Bailey started kindergarten! I can't believe she is old enough! Ellery is a big 1st grader this year Wahoo!! I love this pic because they are holding hands and I surprised them around the corner...I am glad they smiled at the sight of me, that's a good sign right?





OCTOBER- AWESOME!!!
For not wanting to get pregnant yet, I sure am glad that we brought this little guy into the family. Isn't he perfect!! We are SO blessed. Gus has such a sweet spirit and is an unbelievable blessing to the Johnson Fam!


NOVEMBER- Arggg!
We moved again...I don't want to talk about it! Just kidding, it was a blessing in disguise, but still- lets not talk about it!

DECEMBER- BLESSINGS
Settled in here in Indiana and we LOVE it! Everyone is healthy and happy. Yes another year gone, and another year full of blessings!

10 comments:

Katie McCaul said...

Sounds like an exciting but tiring year!

Julie H. said...

Wow, what a year you all have had! I can't get enough of that baby Gus! I wish I could just give him a big squeeze! I love his crooked grin.... I could go on and on and on.....

The Farrell Family said...

Fun recap post. Sounds like you guys had quite a year! I'm glad you became a blogger. It's so fun to see and hear what you and your cute family are up to!

Deidre said...

Love the post! I think I will steal the idea for my own. By the way,I lost your envelope with your address-okay I actually threw it away, so e-mail it to me so I can send you are VERY late X-mas picture!

Kallas Family said...

I didn't know you taught at Learning Dynamics!! Owen loves it and so do I. It is so worth the money!!

Harmony said...

First of all, I had no idea you taught at Learning Dynamics. My little guy went there the whole year, and I didn't even know it! Second, (all whining aside:) it looks like your family had a great year! Best of luck in 2009!

Lindsay and Mike said...

You guys DID have a crazy, but awesome, year! We miss you out here!

Kelli Proctor said...

YES! It looks like it was an awesome year, except the part where you guys moved...didnt like that so much! But I am so glad you guys are happy and healthy in the new year!

easleyfamily said...

What a year! If you and Matt ever decide to move again...it better be back this way :) I agree with Julie...that baby boy is adorable! Could seriously eat him!

Jennifer Pelo Rawlings said...

Reading that post made me so tired. You are an amazing woman. Congrats on the good, the less good and making it through to 2009.