Monday, January 26, 2009

Ahhh... Its good to be home!

I love my Mattie, he makes me feel so great about the Mom I am! It was really nice to be with family in Utah even if it was for a funeral. My Opa was a great guy and it was nice to celebrate his life. I'll tell more about that in a minute, but first a couple of funny things when I got home.

*For starters the house looked GREAT! Way to go Babe!

*I was a little shocked with the Hamburger Helper, because Matt is a FABULOUS cook. But you know whatever!


*Ellery says to me when I got home..."Mom, Dad did a great job. He even gave us baths and washed our hair so we weren't the smelly kids at school while you were gone!"

Brush teeth check too! Nice toothpaste mustache!

*When asked how the dreaded hair went with Dad as the stylist, Bailey replied- word for word I couldn't make this up "He did good, actually.... he did some very interesting designs!" Where does this kid come up with this stuff!

Don't worry this isn't the design she was talking about!! This is ultimate hat hair!

*When asked how bedtime went, Taite is VERY particular with her bedtime routine and I was a little worried how she would handle my replacement. She said "Daddy do good...(big sigh) but he didn't sing all my songs to me!" Then she said "He hug me when I had the hic-ups and make me feel better." Hic-ups is what Taite calls throwing up, I have no idea why. She got sick while I was gone and threw up all over Matt!! Glad I missed out on that one.

This is how I found her the other day. She said she was going to go play in her room. She has to have a million animals and blankets around her when she sleeps and now apparently a fort as well!

* Now Cyrus... he just missed me and gave me a thousand kisses when I got home. It made me feel kind of good because every time I left the room for a couple of days, he came running to make sure I wasn't really leaving!

Noticing the choke hold he has on Gus, I am guessing he didn't want him to leave again either!

I had a good time, but I found myself saying every five minutes how much I missed them all or how much they would enjoy what ever I was doing. I am probably a big boob, but I really missed them! I have only ever left the kids a couple of times. Matt and I left Ellie and Bailey for 2 days when they were little. I went to St. George for the weekend once and took Taite as a baby. Then the only other times I have left any kids have been to the hospital to have another one!! I just would rather be with them. Now don't get me wrong, I think I would enjoy going on a vacation with Matt once in a while, just not for very many days! Ha...I am a boob! Oh well! What can I say... I love these guys!

Mattie- Thanks for making it possible for me to go. I think you are the greatest husband and the greatest father. If I have done nothing else right in my life, I know I picked the best father for my kids! I love you so much! And....thanks for asking! I love you Hoss.

6 comments:

Haskins said...

Your blog is so cute!! All of your kids are so beautiful!! I am so glad I will be able to stay in touch with you thru blogging and face book!!
Angie (septon) Haskins

Megan said...

I'm sorry about your grandpa but I'm glad you were able to make it out here for the funeral. Sounds like your husband and kids survived.

Katie McCaul said...

I am sure they are glad to have you back as well! yoUR FAMILY is so cute and I am impressed him being able to handle that many kids for so many days!!! I am sure he has a greater appreciation for you...um maybe i SHOULD leave for a little while:)
I am sorry about your grandpa and glad he had a great life!

TheShippenFamily said...

It was great to see you. And Gus is so adorable!!

Feller said...

Cyrus is also getting so big, gotta love the binky, I think we have that same one. Hey we are really missing you for basketball, and I mean really missing you.

Lindsay and Mike said...

Your kiddos are so cute! I love what Bailey said about the "interesting designs". Too funny!