Friday, April 24, 2009

I've had it up to ..... here!!!

Ask me how many "Tums" I consumed last night, or how many times I almost woke the house up yelling at the TV! The Jazz game last night...well lets just say I was all worked up!

For one thing, since we have moved to Indiana, we have adjusted pretty well. Other than having a hard time being away from family and friends, there isn't much to complain about. That is except this Eastern Time zone crap, I've had it up to here...and if you could see me , my hand is way above my head! Matt and I are confessed sports-a-holics and games starting at 10 pm is not cutting it. Especially for me because I really don't like to quit a game, I like to watch the whole thing. But I am old now and I just can't stay up until 1 or 2 in the morning all the time, it makes me...ummm a tad...grouchy in the morning---wink wink! (thats an understatement) Plus, Mattie won't stay up with me because he is even older and a sissy! He he he, love you Babe!

Back to the game, another thing I have had it up to here with is stupid commentators like Kenny -I-hate-the-Jazz- Smith. With idiotic comments like saying that the Lakers gave us the game. Did Kenny really play, is it just a joke? Because he was saying some pretty weak, non-player-like stuff. It really insults my intelligence when he makes such one-sided comparisons like saying that -it is a shame when Kobe Bryant has an "off night"- but Deron Williams' "off night" can purely be attributed to the great defense of the Lakers! Can anyone say Double Standard? It was said over and over how the Lakers lost it, giving up a 13 pt. lead...well hello!! We gave up an 11 pt lead... didn't we give them the game? I can't stand Kenny Smith, you expect this from others, like Phil Jackson saying that the refs (unfairly, implied) shut down Bynum from the first play of the game. Or that their hard D on Deron unfortunately led Booz to "fall into really easy plays" No, I am sorry, Booz worked his....butt off. Am I the only one who saw his monster left-handed dunk right over ugly Pau?

And you know what, in my book you can attribute Kobe's poor performance, and probably the win, to Ronnie Brewer! His defense was superb...holding Kobe to just 18 pts. 5/24, Kobe's first field goal made with 5 minutes left in the 2nd....awesome! Plus, Ronnie adding in 12 pts of his own. Well, I think the other thing that saved the game was Harpring and Korver with their energy coming off the bench in that run at the beginning of the 4th. As a big fat post myself, I can't overlook Booz and his 22 rebs either.

I still LOVE Deron, even if he had an "off night"


Overall, great game. Just recapping it all here..... I need another tums.

10 comments:

Kelli Proctor said...

ok Devyn you totally crack me up! THis blog is so you! Good win huh?! I LOVE the Easter pics and you just have the most all around beautiful family! I love you guys!

Julie H. said...

Umm, rough night? Way to hang in there! Love you to bits!

Harmony said...

Next game try Maalox. It works much better! :)

Lindsay and Mike said...

Haha! That's why I decided to watch the game on KJZZ last night! I hate the national commentators too. Oh, and I (heart) Kyle Korver! :)

The Johnson Family said...

Yeah, ask me how much I miss KJZZ! I wasn't kidding Julie, when I said a tad grouchy!!!

Sarah said...

were you speaking english? :) I have noooo idea what you were talking about! haha

Megan said...

Right there with you Dev. It was a late game for me and it ended at 11:30 my time! I LOVED the dunk by Boozer but he didn't have to add the "F" word with it...I think the Lakers got the idea! I'm glad we have good old kjzz so we don't have to listen to the lame-o commentators on the other channels. All I have to say is that I have box seats for tomorrows game and I am SOOOOO stoked. The Jazz better bring it! I'll be thinkin about you.

easleyfamily said...

How do you really feel??? :) That was a crazy game and a bit stressful and I was a little peeved that I had to stay up till 11 to see the end...I'm impressed you made it to all hours of the morning! Here's to Saturday night!!!

Lisa Dean said...

You are so right Kenny sucks! I never like what he says but I love me some Charles Barkley! Today on ESPN this guy had the audacity to say that Kobe played bad because he carried the team at the Olympics this summer....Lame excuses all around!

Tiff said...

Amen sister! Pass the tums.