Sunday, April 19, 2009

Its the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!!

I am just grateful for a hubby that I have SO much in common with! We enjoy so many things together. Now I know I have been complaining about the upcoming summer, but there is something that I LOVE about this time of year! Last night was the beginning of the best 6 weeks or so of the sports year.....the NBA Playoffs! You know where Matt and I will be almost nightly for the next little while, glued to our TV! Awesome, I get so excited like I am a little kid and it is Christmas!
The excitement, the suspense, the highs and lows, the come backs, the blowouts, the underdogs, the sheer athleticism, the drama....okay now I sound like a TNT commercial. Any way this is something that Matt and I love together -basketball.....SO awesome. We love football too, sports in general really. Anyway, popcorn anyone?



I could not love this guy more. Now I am just rambling when I should be going out the door to church. Matt got a new calling, he is the new Young Men's president and this is his first week. He has to leave at 8 for his meetings, so I have to get the kids to church on my own and I don't want the Branch President to think I can't handle it. We have had situations where I had to get the kids to church on my own before, but I am a little out of practice and now there are 5! But they have all eaten, bathed, hair done---SO MUCH HAIR, dressed, shoes on, bottle made, church bags ready, talk ready, all 50 toes and 50 fingers clipped (ewww!) legs shaved, and now we are ready to head out the door at 9:30 sharp!! It is 9:24.....so what am I doing blogging?!?! I'm out of here!

5 comments:

Jennifer Pelo Rawlings said...

I feel the same way about the 50 fingers and toes. Grosseroo. My two oldest consistently do their own, you know, when I tell them. So I'm personally down to 30 fingers and toes.

You are awesome with the getting all the kids to church on time.

Have fun watching the games. It's so great to have something that you both feel so passionately about and enjoy together.

J Fo said...

I'm TOTALLY impressed that you even had time to blog this morning! I only have one and we still have issues with our timeliness. Practice makes perfect, right!?

The Farrell Family said...

It's fun that you guys both love sports so much! Matt is a lucky guy. Not many women are die hard fans. :)

I'm totally impressed you can get all of your little ones ready and to church on time by yourself! We barely make it on time with one little person.

easleyfamily said...

Thats a cute picture of you two! I also love the NBA finals and feel your joy! I'm so very impressed that you can get 50 toes and fingers all ready for church by 9:30...I'm struggling with the 30 I have by 11! Way to go Dev!

Lindsay and Mike said...

I hate when I have to get the kids ready & out the door to church by myself! Luckily, I don't have to do that right now! Hey, look at it this way...at least he can still sit by you guys in Sacrament...someday, he may be Branch Pres.