Thursday, March 5, 2009

I never get tired of these!

Don't you love when the store clerk is kind enough to help you. Well Taite says to this wonderfully helpful clerk, "Excuse me Sir, excuse me sir..." (pronounced essss-cooze me sirrr, with a thick heavy lisp!)
The clerk turns rather quickly because maybe
A) SHE didn't appreciate being called Sir, &
B) because Taite was poking her on her upper arm, right where she had a big butterfly tatoo.

Taitem, still jabbing her finger into the woman's arm, says, "Excuse me sir, why you do that?" (she begins now to tap the butterfly)

"Didn't your Mom tell you not to color on your arm?"


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bailey came home quite worked up yesterday as she hopped off the bus. "MOM!!! Joshua came and sat next to me on the bus."

"Oh that is great Bay."

"No, it is not! He came and sat by me and then said, "Bailey, guess what! Boys private parts are called GONADS!""

I almost choked as my first reaction is to laugh at that word. But then I don't want my 5 year old using that term so became serious. "Oh no, that is not a good word. Don't ever say that word....what did you do?"

"I KNOW that is a bad word Mom! I said "That is INAPPROPRIATE!" Then I moved 3 rows away."

16 comments:

Stacey said...

I'm laughing so hard I'm crying!!! I've read a lot of blogs today and yours' is by fay he funniest... ow my side! keep up the posts! GONADS! I love it!

Loftus' said...

You should seriously consider making a book about the comments and conversations you have with your kids - they are HiLaRiOuS!!! Thanks for the laughs!

Harmony said...

I love how adult Bailey is. The big words 6-year-olds use crack me up!

easleyfamily said...

They crack me up! Hilarious!

Jennifer Pelo Rawlings said...

Oh my heck. Those are so dang funny. You have such amazingly funny and insightful kids.

Kris said...

If she didn't here from the neighbor kid she would have heard Matt bragging! Love Brandon

J Fo said...

Oh my gosh! Those are so FUNNY! It reminds me of when one of Sarah's kids asked a lady at the store why she talked like a man. Classic. You do need to collect all of these and make a book!

The Farrell Family said...

That is too funny!

Lindsay and Mike said...

THAT.WAS.AWESOME!!!

Erin said...

hahaha! your kids are so dang cute:)

Kelli Proctor said...

oh my goodness! That is awesome, you have the greatest kids! Its just because you are such an awesome mom and teach them so well! That story was just as funny as Lindsay's C word story haha!

TheShippenFamily said...

I love Bailey!! That is too funny. I agree you need to write a book!

Lloyd Family said...

Hilarious!

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

Dev, your family is so darn cute! I am totally jealous that you have so many kids! FUN!

I am so glad I have your blog now! I am all over it! :)

Sarah said...

hahahahahaha....so hilarious! Not too long ago, Sawyer said to me..."mom, I wonder why Heavenly Father gave dad and me these balls!"...so INAPROPRIATE! :)

Feller said...

AWESOME!