Saturday, March 14, 2009

Beauty and the Beast

Hello everyone!! Hope all is well with you and yours, I know that the Johnson family is gearing up to celebrate two wonderful people. I labeled this "Beauty and the Beast", the only reason picking beast for my 2 year old son is really not because of his looks (he is a rather dashing young man--add the british accent and it works) but because at two years old he has to wear at least 4T clothing, he has the biggest hands and feet I've ever seen, and he is just an ox!! If you're not ready to pick him up be ready to bulge a disk in your back. We haven't measured in some time, but he's comfortably over 40 lbs and there's not an ounce of fat on him. Geesh, am I a proud papa or what?!?!? No pressure Cy, but me and Papa are fully engaged in a race to see who can have the 1st 3rd generation kid to play football at BYU. Dev's dad played with two guys whose sons I played with at BYU, and now those two guys have two boys as well. But we love Cyrus, he is a great little brother, a great son, a great personality in our family. Love you son!!
And then will you look at that gorgeous woman? She gets embarrassed anytime I try to tell her how beautiful she is, she really doesn't know she's beautiful. I can think of a lot of lines from country songs that describe her pretty well. Let's see, 'she can drive a truck' and back a trailer up better than me or her brother Max (sorry Max, its the truth), 'like me she likes Gus from Lonesome Dove', 'she don't know she's beautiful', "I'll be yours until the sun doesn't shine, till time stands still, until the winds don't blow. When today is just a memory to me, my love, I'll still be lovin' you". I could go on and on, but I won't. What a great woman! I am the luckiest man alive to have found a woman who loves me, shares many interests with me, and who inspires me to be as good a man as I can be for her and our family. Everyone make sure you wish her a happy birthday, she's 30 this year!! 30 and as hot as ever......I gotta go now!! Toodles!!

9 comments:

Jennifer Pelo Rawlings said...

Happy Birthdays!! Such a sweet post.

Erin said...

Happy Birthday Dev!! You are gorgeous! We love & miss you guys & Cy is huge! Can't wait to see you all!!! You guys are so cute!

J Fo said...

Hope you have a great B-day, Dev. You really are one H.O.T mama!

Andrea said...

Happy Birthday! You are gorgeous!!!

easleyfamily said...

Awww! That was so sweet! Have an AWESOME 30th! Life gets better with age (I think its you that first told me that!) so enjoy! Happy Birthday!

Julie H. said...

Happy Birthday! Amy is right... it just gets better and better.

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday Devyn!! What a sweet post!. Hope you guys are doing good, I looked up your blog after I saw a post you had written on Sadie's blog. It's fun to see pics of your cute family again. ~Michelle Pixton

GaRNiTuRe said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jen said...

Happy birthday Devyn! Are we getting old or what?! You are just as beautiful as ever!