Sunday, March 29, 2009

Blessing Gus.....finally!

When my parents told us that they were coming out for my birthday, we decided to wait to bless Gus until they were here. It was a MUCH anticipated visit, especially by Taite who asked about once an hour for the last 2 months "how longer until my Oma comes?"

So here is Gus in his little outfit...I know, not your normal white blessing outfit but I could never find one for Cy that wasn't girly, so this is what they both wore. I think he looks Dashing!


It was a great day, we had the whole gang over, Grandpa Al and all three of Matt's siblings and their families from Ft. Wayne, Mamau all the way from Oregon and my parents, niece, nephew and of course Oma great from Utah. It was a great day starting off with a wonderful blessing performed by Matt. Each and every blessing is special and this was no exception, I think Gus is an exceptional little guy with a big life ahead of him. I am SO grateful for a wonderful husband who honors his Priesthood and is able to bless my children's lives through his obedience.

It was a Wonderful Day! I am so glad that my family was here for it, just as it should be.




7 comments:

Andrea said...

How awesome to have so much family for the blessing. I love the outfit, and did something similar with Trevor. I just couldn't put him in one of those white frilly things. You have a beautiful family!

Dave and Raquel said...

Happy late Birthday!!!! I love your family...you guys have so much fun together!

The Farrell Family said...

That's so fun that you guys had so much family there. I agree, little Gus did look dashing. :) Great pics of your beautiful fam!

Jennifer Pelo Rawlings said...

I love that squinty family picture. How fun to have so much family there, what a blessing. I think Gus looks dashing as well.

Kelli Proctor said...

seriously so fun! That is awesome your family got to come be a part of this! This makes me miss you guys tons!

Megan said...

That is so great your family made the trip for your birthday. I swear that your dad and mom haven't changed a bit since I saw them last (probably your wedding!). I'm glad you got to have fun and spend time with everyone.

J Fo said...

What a great treat to have all of that family there! How nice to have both Omas. You guys look great in the family pictures.