Thursday, November 20, 2008

Tagged!


Okay this one seems fun- maybe a little embarrassing too! 7 random facts or funny quirks about me. Thanks Lindsay- sorry it took me so long to get around to doing this!

1-Totally weird- I can't handle the feel of most unfinished wood! Yep no wooden spoons in our house! I can only eat a popsicle with a napkin wrapped around the stick--very strange!

2- I have dislocated my pinky finger about 20 times and finally tore all the ligaments requiring surgery (pretty dramatic for a stupid little finger, you should have seen the cast-really did they need to immobilize my whole arm?) Any way, now my finger doesn't straighten all the way, its pretty ugly!

3- I love organization, I was a total freak until getting married and having kids. They have beat it out of me! I just can't keep up. If I had my way, everything would be alphabetized etc. I have managed to keep some of my favorite things like my closet is color coordinated and all the clothes have to be on white hangers and facing the same direction. Wish I could have EVERYTHING like that!

4- I LOVE a schedule! Particularly with my kids- same time everyday for certain things. Especially sleep! I am lovingly called the "Sleep Nazi" I don't care though! Its true and I love it. It is 8pm and all 5 of my kids are asleep, three youngest at 7 & the two oldest at 8 and the rest of the night is mine to unwind! We are BIG on sleep training!

5- I HATE shopping! Shopping is my idea of torture. I really only shop at Target or Walmart because I can get some shoes or whatever the kids need and I can do my grocery shopping there too! Its pretty bad, Matt mocks me because I still wear clothes from like 10 years ago! I'd rather do that than go "shop" for new ones! How many t-shirts does a girl need anyway?

6- I admit this reluctantly, extremely reluctantly but I am a smidge hard of hearing! I had some ear trouble as a kid and was really limited in the hearing department, but I have recovered most of the hearing. But I still really struggle with "distinction" as my Dr. nicely put it. I can hear the noise, but can't make out very easily what is actually being said. That is why if you aren't looking at me, or facing my direction-- chances are I won't be able to know what you are saying. This is where the wonderful nickname "deafyn" came from. Nice.

7- I am a TOTAL freak about Led Zeppelin! There is NO greater music or band in the world. They are fantastic!! I am not joking when I say that Matt and I never would have married if not for Led Zeppelin- our blind date was headed toward disaster until we discovered our mutual love of Zep and the rest history! My kids are already brainwashed and dance like little "Led Heads" its great!

I tag Kelli, Jen Solomon, Ashlee Barker, Amy Easley & Harmony!

3 comments:

Jennifer Pelo Rawlings said...

Thank goodness for Led Zeppelin. That was a close one. I'm glad you guys found that. The wood thing is very interesting. Amen, to sleep training. I don't understand people when they complain about their kids sleep habits. I say when it's time for bed and that is it, there is no negotiation.

Harmony said...

My closet seems to be identical to yours! Color coordinated, ALL white hangers, and please for-the-love-of-all-that's-good-and-holy keep the hangers facing the same direction!!! :)
My husband thought I was pretty neurotic when we first got married! Don't worry though. I converted him!

Katie McCaul said...

You are so funny! I would love to be more organized, but my husband doesn't really support it so if I do get it organized he totally screws it up.
I will have to remember sleep training. Our little one right now it fine, but I worry when he is older and all my other kids.