Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Did we all vote today?

I hope everyone voted today!! We are big on politics around our house and now we live in a "key" state, a "battleground" state! Kind of exciting!

I didn't realize that the kids were picking up or I guess that they were interested in all our political discussions. But they have, the other day Elle came home from school all excited. "Mom, I voted for McCain today!! Not the Obamer guy. But I was the only one in my class that voted for McCain." I guess they had a littel "election" I don't think I had ever talked directly to her about the Presidential race, but she was aparently listening.
She was really upset that she was the only one voting for McCain. Then, true to Ellery's personality, she said "After we voted I talked to 2 of my friends and told them they voted for the wrong guy. They said that they changed their minds." Perhaps we have a future political strategist in our family!

Bailey calls him "Obamer" too! I love it! She had a "vote" in her class too and she excitedly let me know that she voted for "Josh McCain"

Ever since that day, they bring the subject up often, they have prayed about it, worried about it, and asked a million questions about the election. They didn't even want to go to bed tonight until they knew who won. Maybe we have unintentionally brainwashed them!

9 comments:

Erin said...

me & noah voted:).

Lindsay and Mike said...

I voted for that Josh McCain guy too...not that Obamar guy! :) Too cute!

Katie McCaul said...

That is funny they are all into it! Well too bad we lost and our guy didn't win:(

TheShippenFamily said...

I helped with the mock vote at the school today. One little boy said if McCain won his parents would lose all their money.
I voted for McCain too. No Obamer votes in this house!

Harmony said...

Jon and I voted early for McCain. But no matter what we tried to explain to our little guy he still says, "Bawak Obama" looks like a good president. I guess he called it. We need to work on our brainwashing skills :)

Kelli Proctor said...

you have the most amazing girls! I love them! You guys are raising them right!

Jennifer Pelo Rawlings said...

I hope they are not too sad that their guy didn't win. It's amazing what kids notice without us telling them directly.

Ash said...

Dev send me your e-mail so I can send you an invite to my blog. Ashlee2224@yahoo.com

Feller said...

Hey Johnson Family it is the Feller's. We miss you guys. Austyn still tells me that Tatum wasn't at nursery today, every Sunday since you moved. The baby is so handsome and I totally love the name. Cyrus looks so much older it was crazy to see his picture, he has changed a lot. I just started a blog it is www.ourneapolitanlife.blogspot.com. Please get on and give me your email I am making it private on Sunday and would love to stay in touch.
Amber