Saturday, September 6, 2008

Welcome to the Country!

Well there is no doubting that we are country folk now! Matt is in heaven out here in the boonies and so are the kids! When we were moving in, we let the kids have their run of the yard, its huge and they can just go hog wild. After about half an hour the kids wandered over and they all looked like they had been having a blast...then there was Bailey! That is my little girl isn't it??





Honestly the pictures don't do justice, it was just getting dark and the flash I swear makes her look cleaner than she was. The tub water was seriously black when she was done!
Now those of you who know me know that I love camping and playing outdoors and have no problem getting dirty some of the time--BUT if this is going to be an every day occasion, we are going to have problems out here in our new country life. I am way too OCD to deal with this every day! Plus I have soon to be 5 kids and one very old, small tub! We live in an older than dirt farm house and all I can say is that Mattie is lucky he didn't marry a girly, squeamish, spider-a-phobic girl because like I said, we are way out in the country and there are animals, spiders, mice, and bugs galore!!

There are a couple of things that are going to take some getting used to, but that I think will be great. We are in a branch out here and there are only about 50-60 members attending. We doubled the primary and nursery! We have the largest family! We are really excited because it seems to be such a close knit family and every one was so kind. The Spirit was very strong and we enjoyed the simple truths of the doctrine being taught! We are going to have to get a little better at getting out the door because it is a 25 minute drive to our little meeting house.

We are excited about our new life and being together in a new experience. I do have a list of things that I am REALLY missing, but we'll save that for another day! Plus I'll have to put on some pictures of our beautiful green surroundings.

11 comments:

SuzyO said...

Dev!

It sounds like you are adjusting so well! I'm so happy for your family. I hope the move wasn't too bad...keep us posted on the pregnancy!

Congrats on your new house!

The Farrell Family said...

Glad you guys are having fun out there. I wish we had a nice big yard. Ours is the size of a box.

Lisa Dean said...

I feel so bad we didn't get together before you left!! I'm glad you guys love your new house! You need to post some picture of your house and fun yard.

TheShippenFamily said...

Dev,
It sounds like your kids are in heaven out there. Can't wait to see pics of your house.

Julie H. said...

I just smiled reading this post. What an exciting move. My brother and sister-in-law live in PA and they are members of a little branch out there. We've been blessed to have been able to visit them twice this past year and we absolutely love that branch. There's nothing quite like it. What an adventure! Hope all is well.

Harmony said...

I think that's why "play clothes" were invented! Sounds like your kids are having a blast. I hope you're doing as well! :)

easleyfamily said...

K, I almost started crying when I read this...I am so sad that we didn't get the girls together before you left (and that we didn't get to say goodbye to any of you)...It wasn't for lack of asking, Addi is always asking for Ellie! I am so happy for you guys though and I hope you love it there...will you PLEASE call us when you are in town? Christmas, Thanksgiving? Arbor day??? :) Good luck and keep in touch!

Deidre said...

Oh Dev, I have been country turned city turned country again and I feel your pain. But truly, there is nothing quite like small town country nights-quiet, cool, and lots of fun sleep-outs with your kids. Enjoy!

The Gibby's said...

You moved! That was fast- at least from when I saw you last. Post pictures of all the creatures you are living with- and your house. I love that you referred to it as "old as dirt." Very Devyn. We gotta see this sucker.

Loftus' said...

Hey Johnson Family!! I was just thinking about you guys the other day and wondering how you are all doing - glad to hear you have a blog out there - came across it reading Sadies blog. Hope you don't mind - I will add you to our blog - you can find us at http://theloftusfam.blogspot.com/. Good luck with everything - we'll miss ya!!
~Amie

Ash said...

K dev first of all your background matches perfect. Where are you?? I just love your family, they are so cute. I bet that ward was excited to have you guys come.