Saturday, September 20, 2008

Tagged- All about my Hoss!!

Thanks Kelli! You know how much I like to talk about Mattie

This is a Big Happy Birthday! Mattie Turns the BIG 35 on the 24th!! I love you so much Hoss!

1-Where did you meet your husband? On a blind date. My cousin set us up. I was all ready to go on a mission, papers and all, and yet felt like that wasn't the right thing for me. I wasn't happy and vented to my huge Offensive Lineman cousin and his wife that I needed to find a big huge guy like him if I wasn't supposed to go on a mission. I was just kidding around but they said they knew the "perfect guy" and the rest is history!

2-How long did you date before you got married? Ha-We were engaged after only 9 weeks and married 3 months after that. And to this day he still whines about how he wanted to get married a month before we did!

3-How long have you been married? It was 8 wonderful years this last June!

4-What does he do that surprises you? I was surprised that he even wanted to marry me. Now that he still loves me and finds me attractive after this many babies- I can't believe it sometimes. He is always helping me out, more than any husband I know. He will do anything to make sure I am happy- what a hubby!

5-What is his favorite feature? My favorite feature of him- definitely just sheer size and muscles! Hello!!! I always said that I wanted to marry a man who had to turn sideways to fit through the door! Check, Check! When we met and he was finishing up at BYU, he was benching like 550 lbs or something crazy like that- I just love it! He has the perfect butt too! Sorry you asked!

6-What is his favorite quality? That truly is hard because he has so many. I think how he loves- loves me and how he makes me feel about myself, how he is always making sure that I am happy. How he loves our kids and the wonderful father that he is- I've never seen anything like the kind of dad he is. How he loves the gospel, I can't imagine being 19 and making that kind of a choice, converting and changing your whole life to accept the gospel.
Matt is just fun, he's easy going in general and really laid back, yet diligent when he needs to be, I love him!

7-Does he have a nickname for you? Yes- Jelly Bean, DerDer, Beav (for my big beaver front teeth- so rude!) I know there are more, but I can't think.

8-What is his favorite food? Easy- PIZZA! You have no idea how much the man loves Pizza!

9-What is his favorite sport? That is hard, Matt likes all sports. The obvious would be football, but I really think he likes basketball just as much.

10-When & where was your first kiss? Oh this is always embarassing- we kissed on our first date alright!! I wasn't goint to pass that up- I thought he would never take me out again. It was a tiny peck -- believe me?

11-What is your favorite thing to do as a couple? Well we really can't talk about that!! Kidding- but really, Mattie and I just love to be together. We are fortunate that we have so much in common, it makes spending time together really easy with how much we both love sports and other things. We could spend hours just talking, I love being with him more than anything else in the world. But we also just love being with our kids and being outdoors. We wrestle with the kids and go on silly outings, to parks and family walks. We aren't really big on getting away, maybe someday. For now, hanging out with each other and our kids is our favorite thing.

12-Do you have any children? Um yeah! (refer to previous ?) Could we be more fertile- expecting number 5 in a few weeks.

13- Does he have any hidden talents? Yes, maybe some of you know, but Matt is a FABULOUS cook! He does everything from scratch too- I lucked out big time!

14-How old is he? Hahaha!! He is turning 35 in a few days!!!

15-Who said I love you first? Totally Mattie!

16-What is his favorite music? Matt likes more types of music than anyone I know, a little bit of everything. I think his favorite is Hard Rock, really Hard Rock- (or as I lovingly call it "Devil Music"!!!) and he loves Classic Rock- Led Zeppelin is how we first bonded!

17-What do you admire most about him? There are so many, he is such a hard worker. But I admire the very most that his family is everything to him. Many people say that, but Matt lives it. He does everything for us, spends all his time and energy on us. I never could have imagined or hand picked the kind of husband that he is and the same is true as a Dad. He is the greatest person that I know!

18-What is his favorite color? BYU Blue!!! Go Cougs!

19-Will he read this? Yeah, he always reads our blog!!

20-Who do you tag? Ashley, I've never heard how you met Don. And Deid- tell us all the goods about John. Megan and Tiffany, tell me the story!

7 comments:

Kelli Proctor said...

I LOVE this! I knew you would do a great job on this one thats why I picked you! You two are the AWESOMEST, but it made me miss you guys a ton!

GeeGee said...

I miss you all.....
give every one a hug from me...
i promise to come up soon to see you all...
Uncle Erick

The Gibby's said...

This is great Dev. You have a goodie. :o)

Deidre said...

He is definitely a keeper! But you make sure to remind him that you are quite the catch as well.

Erin said...

Happy Birthday Old Man!!! You'll do great with your delivery! Your a tough cookie. And I know you won't let those docs push you around:). Moving is never easy! Miss you guys!

Erin said...

Dev will do great with her delivery...that's what I meant:).

Brad and Emilee said...

You say that he is strong, but I wonder about his strength to height ratio!!!!

Hope you guys are liking it our there. Have you found any good fishing or hunting spots for us yet?