Thursday, September 4, 2008

First Day of School, First Day of School!!

Here are some pictures just before we left Utah. Even though I knew it would only be a week or so, Ellery didn't want to miss out on any school while we were still in Eagle Mountain. The week when Matt came back to get us and we were loading up she insisted on going to school. I told her she could stay home and she put her hands on her hips and gave me a mother hen look and said "Mom! I have to learn ALL that I can!" That is our Ellie!

We got them in school out here as soon as we could. They have all day Kindergarten, which I thought I would love, but I actually hate her being gone all day! I wish Ellery was only gone half a day still! I didn't realize that I would miss them so much.

I think it has a lot to do with where we live, we are WAY out in the country! The bus ride is 40 minutes each way! Matt drives them in the morning on his way to work and then they ride the bus home. The school is only 4 miles from our house, but we are the first stop and then the route travels way out and around a lake! I want to start picking them up so that they don't get home so late- but they are still loving the bus and won't hear of it! I think the fun will fade day after day of a boring bus ride! I am hoping anyway!

It is weird only having two kids to take care of all day! I can't believe I ever thought that was hard! When they are taking their naps, I barely know what to do with myself. Actually that is not true, with all that my poor prego body has been through in the last 2 months I SLEEP!!

6 comments:

Jennifer Pelo Rawlings said...

When we first moved to EM my oldest rode the bus to Kindergarten in Lehi. He was the first pickup in the morning and the last drop off in the afternoon. Because the bus carried ALL the kindergartners from the Ranches, including North Ranch & Meadow Ranch, it took him 2 hours to get home. He loved it the whole year. I would pack him a lunch to eat on the bus and he had a blast. After being gone all day, like your girls, I totally understand wanting them home sooner.

That picture of them holding hands is tooooo cute.

TheShippenFamily said...

Those are such cute picture. How do you like it out there? The girls look so cute at their first day.

Kelli Proctor said...

Thanks for the update, I was waiting with baited breath (I dont know how to spell that!). Seriously, we miss you guys so much, come BAAAAAAAAAAAACK!

Carrie said...

Devyn,

I am so happy for you guys out there in the country! Your kids are so cute. You were a great visiting teacher and I am glad that I met you.
Good luck with the new baby.

Julie H. said...

I'm glad to hear that you are out there. Can't wait to see some pictures! (hint,hint) I just shake my head when I see pictures of your kids. How is it that your Bailey and my Megan are in Kindergarten now? Oi! Take care of yourself. Love ya!

Erin said...

We miss you guys! We tried to get ahold of you to see if we could catch ya before you left. Glad to here you all made it safely and the fam is enjoying Indiana. Take care and hope to see you sooner rather than later. Love you guys!