Thursday, September 11, 2008

A couple of things I've learned!

Some words of wisdom- to myself really- that I have learned recently.

**I have learned that if you do not enjoy heat (okay I HATE the heat) especially if that is dry desert heat, then you are going to die in humid heat!! I hate humidity!!! And I am just catching the tail end of it here at the end of summer.

**I have learned that if you want to make life interesting, live on the border of a time zone! Yes you heard me correctly, we live on the border of Central and Eastern time zones. I can walk around in my house with Cell Phone in hand and watch it change time back and forth from Cent. to East. time. It messes up my free night time minutes if I move around too much because I could change zones without realizing.
Let me just explain some problems this causes, we are "technically" in central time. School- Eastern, so school starts for our kids at 7:20am and the bus comes at 6:15 am! Church different time zone, the nearest bigger town that we go to for everything goes by Eastern so they open and close a little earlier than you would think. Plus you just have to be aware when making Dr. appointments etc. which time zone you are talking about. Neighbors, who knows which time zone they choose to go by. So we decided to go by Eastern time zone so it makes school and church etc. a little easier. Our TV automatically comes in programed to central time, so we get everything, news etc. at a different time than you would think. Everyone around here refers to it as "fast" and "slow" time so you stay on top of it. "10 o'clock slow time right?" Pretty funny huh!

**I had to put this picture up of my Mattie because the girls are OBSESSED with pictures of their Daddy playing football! Plus I just love him so much I never get tired of looking at him! I'll admit there is one more small reason, its because I am going to make fun of him a little bit right now!
-Things I have learned..never, NEVER move your poor pregnant wife across the country in the last weeks of her pregnancy! It is just not a good idea.
-NEVER- let your husband choose a rental home by himself!! I won't go into too much detail about this one, but lets just say don't do it! Its different even than finding a home to buy because buying you think long term, renting I guess you think about just hanging in there since you won't be living there long. Well I think men and women have different things that they consider non negotiable to deal with or live without- lets just leave it at that! (I love you honey! We can laugh now right?)

**Never let your kids take pictures of you and promise that you'll post them on your blog for the whole world to see! It is all I have heard about "Mom you PROMISED!" So here I am in all my pregnant glory fulfilling a stupid promise. Just remember how many times I have been prego and that you do get bigger each time- I swear! I still have 7 weeks to go at this point!
































Making life a little bit more difficult!

**Never underestimate a child. We were sitting in church and Bailey was staring at me sitting next to me. (She loves to snuggle in at church!) She motioned for me to lean over. She whispered in my ear, "Mommy, everyone says that I look like you." Then she paused for a really long time just looking at me. I was dying to know what she was thinking, bracing myself a little. Finally she whispered "It makes me really happy that I look like you Mommy! I want to look like you!" then she added " ...even big and pregnant!"
**Here is the most important thing! Never, NEVER forget how blessed you are!I'd live in any old dumpy house as long as I get to be there with this guy and all those beautiful kids!

No wonder the Lord sent us all these beautiful daughters. He is a big, gigantic protector and teddy bear all in one!
I am so sorry to bother anyone, but it has to be said, I could enjoy looking at this scenery all day long! And I'm not talking about the farm! Look at that rear view!!! Umm umm umm!

Then there is the boy just trying to keep up!

Life is so good and the Lord has been so good to me! It makes me feel so bad for any of the whining I've done lately!

15 comments:

Julie H. said...

Hey, everyone is entitled to a bit of whining every now and then. Look at you! You are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing the pictures. Always makes me smile. Sorry about the time zone thing. That would drive me crazy!!! Would love to hear more about the whole house situation. Could always use a good laugh. :)

Loftus' said...

You look so cute!!! You always do. Your kids are so cute - I can't believe how much Ellie has grown up since we had her in primary - they grow up way too quick. Could you just squeeze Bailey - what a cutie - she will be missed in primary. Your kids are so smart and know so much about the teachings of the gospel, you guys have done a fantastic job in raising them with that knowledge - I'm impressed!! You are almost done - hang in there...

TheShippenFamily said...

I love the scenary. It looks so beautiful. I think Bailey looks just like you too!!

easleyfamily said...

Time zone CRAZINESS!! I'd be confused ALL the time! You do look adorable prego and your children are beautiful! Don't you move EVERY time your pregnant? You better not plan on moving after this baby...6 babies!

Kelli Proctor said...

you are just fine to whin, as long as you miss us here in Utah! That is so funny about the time zone thing, huh, never thought of that! It looks so pretty there, and you look gorgeous my darling, even "big and pregnant" you are beautiful!

Kelli Proctor said...

whin? I meant whine...

stacey said...

dev, you are so funny! i was laughing almost the whole time i read this post. glad you can see the bright side of things. you look fabulous pregnant! what a great family!

The Farrell Family said...

Great pics of your fam. I love the one of you and Matt trying to kiss. And like everyone else said, you look beautiful pregnant! I think it's just hard to feel beautiful when you are waddling around with a basketball sized bump on your belly. I'm glad your girls made you post the pics. :)

That time zone thing is wacky!

Jennifer Pelo Rawlings said...

1-You are right about the humidity, but I promise that you will eventually get used to it.
2-Love the pictures. I really wish I had more of me when I was pregnant.
3-Love the Bailey thing. So dang cute.
4-Tell us about the house!!
5-The time thing is freakin' crazy. I can't even imagine. When you buy a house will you buy it in the fast or slow time zone? So crazy.

Erin said...

Miss you guys dev. I laughed almost the whole time too! Sorry about the time zone thing, that's nuts! And of course you are beautiful! And definitely blessed! And I agree, I'd live in any dump as long as I have my sweet babies and my big ol hubby with me! The country there is absolutely gorgeous! Hope to talk soon.

Colleen said...

I just barely found your blog via someone else's. You are darling pregnant! I can't imagine the headache of living on the border of two time zones. That would drive me crazy! And I would NEVER trust Jim to pick out a place to live without me.

J Fo said...

GREAT pics! You are pregnant - do all the whining you want for 7 more weeks. Then you don't have as good of an excuse. ;) I love the last picture where Cy is following behind!

Sarah said...

We miss you guys! And I am a little jealous of the scenery, but not of the bugs, etc. And please don't worry about whining. You are completely entitled!

The Gibby's said...

Wow, Dev. When you said country- you weren't kiddin'! It's beautiful!

I LOVED this post! I got some good giggles out of this one. If anyone can be put in this kind of circumstance- it's you. You have always been tougher than the rest of us. :o)

SuzyO said...

Yay Devyn! The belly pics are too cute! I love the pictures...keep them coming!