Saturday, September 27, 2008

Funny Bits

Taite-

~She is such a fan of Oma (my mom) and has a picture of her in a frame that we keep in her room always. Taite went a little crazy when we unpacked it. She takes it everywhere and talks to it as if it is my mom. She says things like "My Oma wants to come to Aunt Becky's with me" Pretty cute! She even sleeps with it some nights.

~We had the missionaries over for dinner the other day. The kids LOVE the missionaries, only Taite has a hard time saying the word- she lovingly calls them Mr. Naries!!

~ Taite got a little confused when Matt tried to explain who Aunt Becky and Aunt Beth were. He told her that they were his sisters, so now she goes around calling them Sister Aunt Becky and Sister Aunt Beth. Makes sense to me that is what we say at church!

Bailey-

~The other day we were driving around town, lots and lots of older homes. Bailey yells out all of the sudden "Mom!! Oh my goodness- somebody threw their microwave out the window and it got stuck!!"
It was a window air conditioner unit!! She looked around and saw another and another and was just astonished! "Why are all these people doing this Mom?" It was hilarious!

Ellery-

~Ellie loves to read- really loves to read. I told her how proud it makes me and that she will always be very smart if she loves to read. She said "Yeah, I learned to read a lot because you are always reading a lot." She paused for a long minute and then said kind of sadly "Dad doesn't read." I started to correct her but she really looked upset about it and then finally got really excited- "No, no he does read!! When ever we get a new toy or he has to put something together he READS! He does read!" She was so relieved, like oh close call, he is smart!!

~For some reason the other day, Taite brought up my Mom's 2 cats. She mentioned how they had to go stay overnight at the animal doctor's house! (They got "fixed!!" Snip snip!") Ellery asked me why they had to have their "operation" which is what my Mom told the kids. I said that when you have cats they will just keep having more and more kittens if they don't have a little operation. That upset her because she loves kittens! I said that cats will have TONS of kittens and we just can't take care of so many cats. I thought it was a good explanation. I left it alone and the conversation moved on. Then I caught Ellie's face- total concentration. She goes "But Mom, Leo and Sammy are both boys. Why do they have to have the "operation" if they are boys?" I looked at her and tried to just smooth it over and move on, but Ellie just kept asking "Why Why Why? Girls have the babies, why why why?" None of my generic answers seemed to satisfy her. Finally I just said "Lets ask Dad when he gets home!!"

4 comments:

Megan said...

These are my favorite kind of posts. I love hearing what kids say and especially what they think. I would be totally amused if I could just get inside there little noggins for a few hours! I hope that Matt did a good job explaining the whole boy cat thing...that called for a dad explanation.

Jennifer Pelo Rawlings said...

Way to side step the sex question. A topic for another day.

Julie H. said...

We have to have "the talk" with Brandon soon. Oi!!! Passing the whole thing off to Dad doesn't seem like a bad idea right now!:)

Harmony said...

Poor Matt. I love to read about the cute things kids say. And yours ARE cute!