Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Pond Envy

I have dreams about my own pond. I LOVE this pond! Perhaps I am slightly green with envy at this fabulous pond my brother-in-law Ed has in his backyard, it is so very much fun. Ed put this pond in himself, great work Uncle Eddie.

I mean really, wouldn't you love to have this in your back yard?
It even has a little sandy beach part for the little kids.

It was a slightly over-cast day and the water was quite chilly, but that never stops us. We didn't even have our swimsuits with us. Aunt Becky outfitted the girls with some of her son's clothes, bball shorts and t-shirts. I thought they looked great but Taite says to me "Mommy, we look like how you dress!" Bailey quickly added "Yeah, we look like boys, no offense Mom." What are you going to do...the truth hurts :)


Everyone had so much fun. I was busy taking pictures and thought I would get in shortly when my sister-in-law, the comedian, decided to push me off the dock with all my clothes on. Ha ha Becky. Actually it was hilarious. My kids still bring it up all the time.

Well everyone had a great time, except for my little Gus man. He wanted nothing to do with the water. It was cold and he was just enjoying the sand. Or maybe it was the fact that we tried to make him wear this...the only life jacket in his size. Rude, Mommy.

So he just stayed with Grandpa chillin and sampling all the food. Good choice!

I will have a huge, clean pond like this some day.

4 comments:

Kelli Proctor said...

You serioulsy have such a fun family! It makes me miss you even more! That is one cool pond, how do you make a pond?! Seriously! That is awesome! We went to the Cedar Hills Park with the creek yesterday and the boys had so much fun splashing around!
Just read your wedding day blog and it almost made me cry...you guys are the awesomest couple and I thank you for your example! Lately I have had so many friends going through so much crap in their marriages and its so refreshing to hear how strong you guys are! WE LOVE YOU GUYS and thanks for your example to everyone! MISS YOU SO MUCH!

Huish Family said...

"Mommy, we look like how you dress!"..."Yeah, we look like boys, no offense Mom." Oh, man Dev, that is HIL-AR-IOUS! And the pictures of poor little Gus in his pink flowery life jacket...HIL-AR-IOUS! You have such a fun family, my friend. Thanks for some good laughs with this post. Love you and miss you. :)

Jennifer Pelo Rawlings said...

I totally hear you. I would love a pond like that as well. It looks like sooooo much fun.

Lindsay and Mike said...

That pond is Awesome!!! And, I think it's hilarious that all your girls were dressed like boys & your boy was dressed like a girl! SO AWESOME!