Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Camping at Potato Creek!

Oh how I love camping! Love it, love it, love it! The rest of the fam does too. The kids were so excited to go and hardly sat still the whole time we were there, riding, climbing, playing and getting filthy :) We didn't go far from home, but it was a blast.

We had fabulous dutch oven dinners and I looked over to check Gus out in his little chair (we have to contain this crazy animal!) Now, I know that I did not give a side of rocks with his meal.

Every meal he gathered himself up a nice handful of rocks to go on his plate, what a funny boy.

It was hotter than Hades, sweltering really. The kids were doing anything to cool off.

I have issues sharing my popcorn.

Just good family time

I loved at night when we put the boys to bed in the trailer, the girls and parents got to sit around the campfire and have fun till it got really late. The fireflies were out in full force and the girls were having so much fun catching all they could. I only wish we had jars for them. But they improvised, they would put them all over their arms and watch them light up. I just wish I could have caught the glow on camera without the flash ruining it.


Taite wanted to be like the big girls so badly, but she just kept squishing them while trying to get them on her arms. Pretty cute.

Yay for smores

It was adventurous and fun. The first night I forgot to put our garbage sack away for the night and I looked out the door to see 4 HUGE raccoons tearing into it. I scared them off and cleaned up the mess. The biggest, fattest one turned and ran smack into the door of the girls' tent. They didn't even stir and the fatty just bounced up and scurried off.

We can't wait to go again. I just LOVE how we LOVE being together :)

5 comments:

The Farrell Family said...

Looks like you guys had fun! The side dish of rocks is too funny. :)

J Fo said...

I have sharing issues, too. If I pop a bag of popcorn, I want the (whole) bag of popcorn to myself!

I love how much you guys get out and do fun things as a family!

Jennifer Pelo Rawlings said...

I do love the look of those yummy rocks. That is great. I love lighting bugs, so cool.

Lloyd Family said...

So fun!

Loftus' said...

Fun! Hope he didn't bite into any of those rocks...heehee! Your popcorn face made me laugh!! Cute pics of the family - glad you guys had fun.