Monday, February 1, 2010

One of the Big kids!

The other day the little kids and I went to the girls' school for an awards assembly. Ellery won the accelerated reader award again for the 2nd grade now and Bailey won an excellent achievement award.
Anyway, we were standing on the sides and there were a couple of spots on the bleachers open next to the kindergarten class. Cy and Taite were desperate to sit next to the "big kids" because of course they want to be "big kids!"
I looked over a few minutes later and had to laugh. Cy looked as big as the kids sitting next to him! Cracks me up. 2 1/2!


Cyrus is just really growing up these days. He is hilarious and such a joy around the house. Don't get me wrong, he is a 2 year old in every sense of the word, but he is very well behaved and fun to have around. His little personality is so fun for me. He is a little bit OCD...okay a lot OCD. He has to have things just right the way he likes them or there are real problems. His bedroom has to be just so. He LOVES books and his favorites have to be organized in perfect order on his dresser. Nighttime routine is always in exact order. He is funny. He usually doesn't throw a fit if things aren't just right, but he just can't move past it.
For instance, his coat. It has a zipper and then snaps all the way up too. They go out and play in the snow so much and I really bundle the crap out of him so I zip him and snap him all the way up with his "Lightning McQueen" hat on! Well, now he has to have that done every single time he puts on his coat. It was a warmer day the other day and I knew he was going to get hot in the car so I only zipped it up a little bit and left out the hat. He stood there..."Mom, snap." stood there "Mom, snap." I said that it was too hot, go get in the car. He was completely undeterred. "Mommy, snap it.... Snap it.... Snap it.... Need snaps.... Need snaps.... Snap it." I was busy getting everyone and everything ready and he stood there the entire time just repeating calmly snap it snap it. Matt jokes and calls this his "Rain man mode" I must admit it is a little true. I finally snapped it up and he looked up at me happy as can be, "Thanks Mom, lets go!"

1 comment:

Kelli Proctor said...

wow, I LOVE reading your posts! So cute! Hey! did I read right that you guys are coming?! I am so excited! YES! Lets get together for sure! IS Matt coming too? Call me when you get here and we will make a date! Woohoo!