Thursday, February 18, 2010

Move over Carrie

Taite is such a hoot! There is never a dull moment when she is around. Here are some funny things she has said or done lately.

We are heading to Utah in about a month and as you can imagine knowing of Taite's unmatched love for her Oma, she is excited to say the least. The other day she said this to me.

T- Mom, I am going to sleep in Oma's bed wiff (with!) her when we are in Utah.
Me- Oh really, did you ask Oma that?
T- No, but I know I am going to.
There was a long pause here and I could tell she was really pondering something.
T- I wonder where Papa is going to sleep?
So not only has she decided she is going to invade my parents bed, my poor Dad doesn't even get to stay!

Taite is really into being a "big girl" lately so she gets ready with pride in the morning all by herself even insisting on doing her own hair. Hey, one less thing for me to do! Here is her outfit the other day. We weren't going anywhere, it must have just been a fancy day in her head. I pray that she doesn't insist on going all out everyday when she gets to be a teenager! My shoes look good on her though!


Matt went out of town a couple of weeks ago and Cy was really missing Daddy and crying for him. By the 3rd or 4th day he could barely take it. I told him I missed him too and that he would be back soon. Taite just sat there staring at him. I said, "I bet Taitem misses him too, don't you Taite?"
She very unsympathetically said, "Yeah."
I was a little surprised by her callousness because she is a pretty big fan of Dad herself. My face must have registered this to her.
She said "What? He's coming back. You wanna talk about missing? I miss Oma....now that's missing!" This was before we decided to take our trip to Utah next month.
Her response made me chuckle and she said very put out "What? I don't get to see her tomorrow do I?"
I thought she was going to either throw something across the room or start to cry. It was so sad.


Finally, Taiter is a HUGE fan of Carrie Underwood! She puts on the headphones and sings at the top of her lungs! I am surprised by how much she knows the words. Maybe it isn't as obvious to the naked ear...but with a trained ear such as mine with the non-stop Carrie-fest from these 3 girls of mine, I can pick out a Carrie Underwood song a mile away! I love it though, they are so cute!
Here she is singing away.


6 comments:

Loftus' said...

Love it!! she is so dang cute and I absolutely LOVE her comments, they crack me up!

Lindsay and Mike said...

Hilarious!

Jennifer Pelo Rawlings said...

She is so darling.

Logert said...

wow, good job taite you are so good.



love Logan

Huish Family said...

"This can't be happenin' to me... this is just a dream!!" (That's where I am singing along with Taite). Oh, Sades would be so proud of that little gal! - we too are trained on the Carrie songs. Just found out she is headlining Stadium of Fire this year! Miss ya, Dev. Hope you are feeling well!

Hunter Haven said...

Hi my Taite,

Whenever I'm missing you, I just pull up your blog and watch your video singing Carrie Underwood.
SO MUCH FUN!!

I love you,
Oma