Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Tall and Skinny

Tall and Skinny...now I wish I was talking about myself here but with my ever expanding waistline I am talking about my bean pole son Gus! We just had his 15 month check up and he is just off the chart for his height 33 inches and only in the 50% for weight at 25.5 lbs! At this age Cy was over 35 lbs already so we are thinkin this guy is bean pole city! I love it! He is so tall and wiry strong...he is totally going to be a basketball player! WaHooo! That makes the mama happy.

Augustus my little man is hilarious. His personality is coming out like crazy and he is a little crazy! He climbs on anything and everything; stairs, chairs, tries to climb up the drawers which toppled over on him. He has this amazing skill to get out of the restraints on his highchair, no matter how tight we make it. We call him MacGyver and check for any paperclips and or bobby pins he might be using to escape, ha ha! By the way, MacGyver's first name was Angus...gus in there makes me laugh. He has even gotten out of the highchair and stepped up onto the tray and just stood there dancing around.
He scares me he is so daring, he is totally going to be our child begging to skydive at age 5. The other day I had a huge tall basket of clothes folded and stacked in the basket to carry upstairs. I sat it on the couch and came back to find Gussy standing on top of the folded clothes totally wobbling around on the unstable soft couch cushion, giggling with joy. Then he used his height to step to the back of the couch and try to walk the length of the couch before I grabbed him. I really think he was just going to walk all the way and jump off...what a nerd!

He found use for the fridge drawers while I cleaned out the fridge.

I LOVE his hair color, it is this beautiful reddish brown. He has big auburn brown eyes that just melt my heart!

Auggie laughs all the time and it cracks me up! He is such a fantastic addition to the family. He sure keeps us busy and running (trying to save his life mostly) oh boy how we love him! He is so sweet and loving and for how crazy and rambunctious he is, he is also our most cuddly baby by far and I eat it up! He is totally a Daddy's boy and that makes me happy too!
Love him!
One more thing, he totally likes to bug and annoy Cy which I know shouldn't but does make me laugh!

3 comments:

Lindsay and Mike said...

He's getting so big! Wow! What a little man!

J Fo said...

Love it. Around here we like tall and skinny! Having a climber is so stressful! I find Emmy in crazy places all the time. (it might be payback. My mom said she found me sitting on top of the fridge at 18 months!)

Lindsey said...

Wow! That's so funny because Ash just had his 9-month check up and he already weighs 21.13 lbs AND he's 30.5 inches!! Haha! I don't know what I'm going to do with him... he's HUGE!